Sign in to follow this  
gnienalt

How do I set up registration marks?

I see a lot of post of how to get SCALP to cut, but not how to set up the thing to BE cut.

I have Sure Cuts a Lot Pro 3, Inkscape portable, Corel Draw x5, a Laserpoint 2 US cutter, and a Dell monochrome laserprinter.

Let's say I have a graphic of some kind, and I want to make a sticker from it.  I can print it onto printable vinyl, or some label stock from an office supply store.  But how do I set up the reg. marks for SCALP?  How does it know where I put them?

First I would use Inkscape (or perhaps Corel Draw; would one be easier to work with?) to manipulate the picture (the 'art' layer that would be printed), then I would create a second layer for the outline (calling it 'Outline' which defines what's to be cut).  Where would I create/put the registration marks?  Another (third) layer, or the outline layer?  Create them on both Outline and Art layer? 

I know there needs to be 3 reg. marks (for SCALP), but does it really matter where they are relative to the art?  Do I need to do something 'special  for SCALP to find the marks?

Once I have the registration marks sortted I'm pretty confident the various tutorials in this forum will get me through the rest.

Thanks in advance!