Sign in to follow this  
mfatty500

Cut/plot issue in X3

Can somebody tell me why it is taking sooo long for my cut/plot window to open up in X3? It literally takes about a minute, my pick tool will flicker during this time, i'm using cut master 2. Do I have to un-group all of my text/design (that's what I'm doing) I have not uninstalled/re-installed cut master or the 'ol F-8 trick. Really slows progress. Sometimes all the colors will not be in the cut/plot window either.
Thanks
Mike

I think I would delete corel X3 then re install it maybe something got corrupt

Do you think it would be within Corel or cutting master? That's my last resort, but rarely do I cut in Corel, except to do a test or sample while I'm designing/laying out something. I usually export as an eps and cut in Flexi, it just is a pain doing it for every revision. Flexi starts pronto.

Thanks

Mike

How many objects are in your design?

When you open the Cut window, it scans through every object in your design to make sure that it's a legitimate shape and not a bitmap or some other object that can't be cut.  I've downloaded designs containing several hundred separate objects (Why don't you weld, people?  Why?) and it would take a long time to scan through all the objects.  The more objects, the longer it takes to scan.

With regards to your other issue of not all colors showing up, I assume you have checked the Cut by Layers/Cut by Colors options to make sure that everything is set to cut in the Cut window?   If that isn't it, make sure that the layer the objects appear on in CorelDraw isn't set to "Do Not Print/Export" (in the Object Manager docker) as that can cause objects to not transfer to the Cut window...

That is exactly what I did OW, just copy/paste to new window and it opens much-o faster. I tried it before you posted your response.

Thanks again.