eddieb378

Epson printer 7510 with pigment inks from cobra

This printer has not been turned on in 4 months do I try to print or do I call Richard and see if it can be salvaged

I will try it I was just wondering if I would do any damage starting it up and it being down that long

I won't hurt it but it could very likely be plugged up especially with pigment ink. 

Epson printers don't use heat to expel ink (which is why they are good for sublimation) so you don't have to worry about "burning out" a head by trying to print over and over (Richard covers this in one of his videos).

Cobra Ink sells a Clog Buster product designed specifically for these situations - https://www.cobraink.com/cartridges/Cleaning.htm

It's a clear liquid that you can soak the head(s) in and a syringe that you use to force the liquid through the head.  There are videos that show the entire operation on their website.

I'd get a bottle of Cobra Cleaning Solution while you're ordering - that stuff is great for taking their inks off of everything.  I had an ugly incident after re-priming sublimation printer and when discharging the syringe into the bathroom sink it splattered all over everything - C.C.S. took it off like it was nothing and left no residue or stains behind.   It's also good for taking ink off of your hands if you make a mess while refilling CISS tanks or refillable cartridges.

Thanks guys I got shipped out of town for a few weeks so all this is on hold for 2 weeks

Well I got this printer running after being down for 5 months and only had to do the head cleaning three times! Now I am betting the my workforce 30 with sublimation ink isn't going to be so easy!

Well I got this printer running after being down for 5 months and only had to do the head cleaning three times! Now I am betting the my workforce 30 with sublimation ink isn't going to be so easy!

It shouldn't be any more difficult - it's the same technology inside and there isn't a huge difference between pigment ink and sublimation ink (at least with regards to consistency and cleaning up)...