Sign in to follow this  
Trevor G

MH871 cutting head grinds/binds when moving.

Whoop!!!

Received the new motherboard today and installed it quite easily. Turned the cutter on for testing and....... Success!!!!

• Like 1

Why motherboard failure? That's a pretty drastic evaluation from just that video !!!

We have now seen the motor operate cleanly, so that was eliminated as a cause.

It still sounds to me like that belt is hanging up somewhere, and causing it "skipping" over the motor gears.

Maybe there's a problem in the upper track (where the control ribbon cable is)? It's worth opening that top section and looking.

USCUTTER support is going to run into the same limitations we are having -- namely, not being able to be right there and check things in person. For instance, they might have said (just as I wrongly advised) to replace motor part. Well, you quickly discovered on your own that wasn't where the problem comes from (and I'm glad you did, before spending $50 unnecessarily).

Whoop!!!

Received the new motherboard today and installed it quite easily. Turned the cutter on for testing and....... Success!!!!

ummmmm , nay won't say it but I will surly imply the heck out of it

I revise my statement, things are fixed, now I have new problems....

whats the new problems?

that's not good - sounds like another call to support - maybe wires to the solenoid backwards?  or a bad board?  good thing you are close to them.

• Like 1

strange they are based out of redmond, wa where everything I order comes from if not shipped from memphis - not if being down a lot is a problem I would order a new cutter and not mess with the old one that had problems when you got it.   if you are losing business then a second machine would be very important to have.  now my location might not be exact but it shouldn't be real far off - they only have warehouse in redmond and mempis last I knew  - if it came from tx what company name was on the label?

• Like 1

that's not good - sounds like another call to support - maybe wires to the solenoid backwards?  or a bad board?  good thing you are close to them.

You are a GENIUS!!!! 

• Like 1

so it was a backwards wire?   hope this finally fixes it.  by the way I have been called a lot of names but that wasn't one of them in recent years   :huh:

It was and it works now. I just disassembled the connector from the cutter carriage and swapped the wires. Some one built this board at beer o'clock on a Friday....

Thanks for getting my mind looking at other things.

• Like 1

now my last piece of advice for the night - put a few dollars back from each job - then once a year or so upgrade to the next cutter up.  may take a while to get there but once you know you want to stay in this you will be ecstatic with a servo cutter.  but that is down the road.  have fun

• Like 2

I am having the same exact problems as OP on an MH712, I'll try switching those wires tonight. Sounds like I'll be ordering a new motherboard soon.