Sign in to follow this  
levy4u

Printable Vinyl Sheets for Controllers?

I would like to try printing and cutting some xbox controller decals but want to make sure I have the quality I need. Going online I see a lot of these removable, leave no mess, etc etc type decals for $7 or so (see below). What vinyl would this be and is it available in 8.5 x 11, 11 x 17, or 13 x 19 sheets? I purchased some 8.5 x 11 vinyl sticker paper (I only have a desktop consumer printer) from amazon but the stuff is so thin it bends after cut out and doesn't look good. It's also paper and not vinyl so that is no bueno.     Thanks

rebelflag-mixbonco.jpg

Papilio sells what you are looking for. Works with a regular inkjet printer. They have permanent as well as removable. 

Game controllers tend to take a lot of rubbing and scratching, so unless you laminate it after printing, I don't think you'll be happy with the life expectancy of the output.  Papilio vinyls have a thin layer of aqueous accepting material on top that lets you print on them in a standard desktop inkjet printer - and that coating does rub off.

That said, you'll want to look at the vinyls labeled as "Contouring" as they are the thinner ones that will better conform to a curved surface, like a gaming controller -- http://www.texascraft.com/hps/Waterproof-Adhesive-Vinyl/

If you're planning to sell your output, forget I said anything and start saving up to buy a solvent printer - or sell your items somewhere that customers can't leave negative feedback...

• Like 1