Sign in to follow this  
mlganey

Adobe Illustrator experts...where to buy?

Help!  I know NOTHING about Adobe Illustrator, except that I need it to turn images into vectors that vectormagic can't handle.  Where do I buy it?  I was thinking I could just buy a disc or download for a couple hundred dollars.  But I keep getting taken to Adobe Creative Cloud for monthly or annually prices.  Is that my best/only option?

https://creative.adobe.com/plans?single_app=illustrator

You can also download inkscape which will do the same thing with turning images into vectors

You can also download inkscape which will do the same thing with turning images into vectors

And it is FREE at inkscape.org

• Like 1

If vectormagic cant handle it I doubt you will have any luck with Illustrator or Corel Draw, even Inkscape for that matter.

You can try Ebay or Amazon for CS6 but not for a couple hundred bucks, closer to $ 600.00 to $ 1000.00 for older versions.

I would download inkscape and get the basics down before spending the money on a professional program, for what it is Inkscape is great.

If vectormagic can't handle it , you will need to learn to draw paths and node edit and inkscape is the perfect price for that.

You likely will need to become familiar with at least the basics of

a raster editing program such as Photoshop, Corel, or Gimp as well

as a vector program. As mentioned, Adobe CS and Corel offers both.

Thanks everyone!  I downloaded Inkscape...love it!  So far, it is working out great for what I needed.  Much cleaner than vectormagic for more detailed jobs.

• Like 1