Sign in to follow this  
JP Auto N Design

Corel Draw OEM (uscutter)

I was thinking about purchasing Corel software on USCutter's website but after doing some research, it seems that some OEM versions have disabled features, such as VBA's for plug-in's and aren't upgradable. I'm just curious if anyone knows whether or not that's the case with theirs since it doesn't really specify. Thanks for any help on this.

Thanks for verifying, Knucklehead.

I was just a bit confused after reading on the Corel community that only some OEM versions have those things disabled, so i wasn't sure if UScutter's was the exception. Especially since the odds of their customers needing those features would seem to be higher, considering they offer it as optional software with the graphtec (eg. corel/cutting master combo). Just seems like it would create a lot of headaches offering a disabled version, so i'm glad i asked ;) . I was actually interested in the x6 version.

I have Corel X6 and can not use it to cut from Corel to A 54in master cutter it will not cut even though when I ordered it I was told it would but I guess I did not get the guys name and employee Number so I was told that I was S.O.L. since I could not prove that he told me what he did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, i wouldn't be too happy either. I guess that's why i tend to research things till my head throbs...esp. on something i've never used.

But the more i look into it, the more confused i become. Take this thread for instance  http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/32233-best-place-to-buy-corel-draw-x5-or-adobe-illustrator/?hl=%2Bcorel+%2Band+%2Bcut+%2Bmaster+%2Bplug+%2Bin#entry251265    i always thought VBAs/plug-ins were disabled in all academic versions.

Id sooner save the almost 200 bucks by purchasing the X6 OEM version on UScutter...if all the features were enabled.

Student versions of AI are full featured. I have an older CS5 version but originally purchased it on a student discount. I have always heard that Corel student versions were only partially functional. 

That's what i thought as well, but the person in the link i posted said he was using Corel X4 academic, which functioned exactly the same as the full version.

I didn't mean to get sidetracked off my original question. I'm just trying to figure out what is (or isn't, at this point) disabled in the OEM...Seems the only way to truly know is take my chances and buy it...since i keep finding mixed results.

I just called Corel last week asking the same question; They told me there are no missing features when compared to the full retail version, the only difference is, you can't use it for Business and you can't upgrade in the future.  I then asked the obvious;  How will you even know if its used for business or student/personal use ?  I was told the student version leaves watermarks ...

I currently have x4 student and I have never seen watermarks on anything ...  so conflicting info right from Corel's customer service.