Sign in to follow this  
Leland Webb

Attempt number two multi layer vinyl

Okay so I have been watching the layering videos. I think I want to try another one. I'm not sure how many layers yet. Stay posted! Constructive criticism is welcome any time guys. I want to learn and become the best.

post-90121-0-35787200-1419910575_thumb.j

Hi guys.  I draw the images, I scan them into my flatbed scanner at 600dpi, I then bring them into adobe photoshop and clean up the images, I from there import them to Illustrator where I trace the images, and turn them into a svg file.  From there, I Take the image and break it down to the different colors in scalp and cut.  Constricted, I am not a huge fan of excessive camber either, but the swing axles on a vw cause that when you lower it.  More pics to come....

post-90121-0-82439300-1419990399_thumb.j

Okay so I put the registration marks on all the layers, each color layer has been separated, now it is time to cut.

post-90121-0-99278800-1419994798_thumb.j

Looks really good, I'm a bug fan, so all bugs look cool...I like the old school stinger..

Thanks! I am going to get the SC delivered to my door by the sixth of this mont along with lots of fun new vinyl to play with. Pretty stoked!

• Like 1

Thanks! I am going to get the SC delivered to my door by the sixth of this mont along with lots of fun new vinyl to play with. Pretty stoked!

I've been using the SC for over a year and I have to say I have no complaints

• Like 2