MoZo

My first attempt at etching

Need little more work but finally got up and running for the most part.

HF blast cabinet

HF pot (not hooked up yet couldn't get it to work)

AO 70grit

post-83172-0-12428700-1419828414_thumb.j

post-83172-0-82354300-1419828439_thumb.j

• Like 3

Nice.. Carful it’s addicting and people love it. I’ve made more money etching than decals.

• Like 3

Nice work, and I will echo what DNA said!

Cal

• Like 1

Okay so are you a Cowboys fan. If so you are my friend...lol

Been a Cowboys fan all my life

I do laser engraving which is kind of like etching only the laser is hitting the medium making tiny pits in it. It is a pretty good money maker.

post-90121-0-83677000-1419866289_thumb.j

• Like 1

Okay so are you a Cowboys fan. If so you are my friend...lol

Been a Cowboys fan all my life

Not exactly lol I really don't have a team this was just the first thing I seen that would be easy to try out :)

• Like 1

Does anyone have pictures of a pressurized pot setup I can't seem to get mine to work right.

And the gun I did these 2 with is not working now I have to keep tapping the trigger to get the media to come up.

Or point me in the right direction

Thanks

I don't have a pressure pot yet, but I do use a HF cabinet.  What do you mean by "having to keep tapping the trigger"?

What air pressure do you have it set on?  Do you have a water filter in the line?  How long were you running the air compressor while you were working?

Cal

I have to press the trigger let go press again let go and so on to get media to come out, if I hold the trigger in I get noting but air.

I been trying all different pressure settings from 40psi on up and same thing, yea I have a water filter.

As for the pot I fill that up let air compressor fill open the values and air just shoots out and drops the pressure in the pot quick, I'm not to sure if I'm doing it right been looking at YouTube videos but something doesn't seen right with it.

I have both. The pressure pots are trickier to work with. You need a big enough compressor to keep up with them or you'll have issues with pressure variation. I only use my pot for outdoor stuff that I can't fit in the cabinet. The cabinet siphon gun lower tube needs to be well buried in the media. I have a LOT of blast media in mine and it's still occasionally sucks a cone out and runs dry. Try putting your thumb or finger over the end of the gun (with the trigger OFF) and then pull the trigger. It will blow back and clear the gun if you have a clog. Dry air is key. The pot throws WAY more grit than the siphon but the siphon is plenty for glass. I switched away from the heavy grit down to 100 grit for the glass but that was a personal choice of look I like. 

I have both. The pressure pots are trickier to work with. You need a big enough compressor to keep up with them or you'll have issues with pressure variation. I only use my pot for outdoor stuff that I can't fit in the cabinet. The cabinet siphon gun lower tube needs to be well buried in the media. I have a LOT of blast media in mine and it's still occasionally sucks a cone out and runs dry. Try putting your thumb or finger over the end of the gun (with the trigger OFF) and then pull the trigger. It will blow back and clear the gun if you have a clog. Dry air is key. The pot throws WAY more grit than the siphon but the siphon is plenty for glass. I switched away from the heavy grit down to 100 grit for the glass but that was a personal choice of look I like. 

Thanks for the tip I did finally get it working it was water still getting in the lines ripped everything apart and cleaned again and got a dryer the regulator/water filter just didn't cut it. Still not using the pot yet cause I got the gun working then just started blasting away lol

How long is the air line between the compressor and blast cabinet?  And where is the water trap in the line?  The water trap next to the compressor doesn't do much good, it needs to be downline a good distance to allow the air to cool and condense before getting to the filter.

Cal

• Like 1

How long is the air line between the compressor and blast cabinet?  And where is the water trap in the line?  The water trap next to the compressor doesn't do much good, it needs to be downline a good distance to allow the air to cool and condense before getting to the filter.

Cal

YUP! I mounted mine right on the cabinet. 

I'm just getting into this but I have my regular water separator and a cheap disposable filter righter at the blaster.

• Like 1

Cal

I have an 8 foot line from compressor to dryer then the water separator from there an 8 foot line to the gun

All seems to be working great now did about 8pcs now, you guys are right very addictive lol

8 feet is not very far and doesn't allow much cooling, especially if you have a small compressor that is running most of the time to keep up with the demand. 

You might also change the order of flow to go from the compressor to the water filter/separator first - then to the dryer.  Otherwise the dryer will be doing all the work to remove the water from the line.

Cal

• Like 1

8 feet is not very far and doesn't allow much cooling, especially if you have a small compressor that is running most of the time to keep up with the demand. 

You might also change the order of flow to go from the compressor to the water filter/separator first - then to the dryer.  Otherwise the dryer will be doing all the work to remove the water from the line.

Cal

Ok I have a 25' line that I am not using, I will give it a try. 

Thanks

Here is some other ones I did the past 2 days.

Thanks for the help to get me back up and running this is very enjoyable 

post-83172-0-63248100-1420425926_thumb.j

post-83172-0-97024300-1420426326_thumb.j

post-83172-0-83977600-1420426327_thumb.j

post-83172-0-97447900-1420426328_thumb.j

post-83172-0-40491600-1420426329_thumb.j

I particularly like the mug. Have you tried rub-n-buff to throw some color on things? I have used it just a bit (only have gold) It's a pretty cool addition to the arsenal

• Like 1

Only problem with rub-n-buff not washable.

Huh. I have some on an aluminum cookie sheet that has been baked and washed a whole bunch of times without a problem but I haven't tried it on glass. Sounds like time for a little product testing. 

I haven't has the chance to pick any up yet but do plan on it here soon