Sign in to follow this  
seattlebred

Cameo Silhouette or SC 25"

Hey,

New member here with USCutter. I recently set up a small business on etsy and have used the silhouette almost exclusively for my needs. Luckily for me the etsy shop has taken off and now I'm running the machine ALOT. So I was thinking of upgrading (as USCutter have some nice deals right now for the SC cutters (http://www.uscutter.com/SC-Series-Vinyl-Cutter-Free-GreenStar-Vinyl-Starter-kit).

Would I be better off with the SC - or do I lose any of the intricate work that the silhouette can do? Does the SC series struggle for detail work. What I mainly do is 3.5 inch logos, images (single color), etc. So not too intricate - but some of them can be cursive fonts etc.

I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys before I pull the trigger! 

I have both and other then the noise (steppers) I love both of my machines. I mainly use the SC. If you do a search you can see how small some of us have cut with the SC. If you are already set up, I would just buy the cutter and not the starter kit. Just my .02

I guess with the special deal you get 12 free rolls of Green Star. But SC is a good Value cutter. Little noisy but once tuned in it cuts good. Regular SC comes with Sure Cuts a lot 3. And with special price being same price. $299.00. You get the Green Star. I also understand if you call Sure Cuts A lot and tell them you just got version 3 they will upgrade to version 4 no charge. Good Luck.

Yes i run the 25 inch SC model cutter. It is a tad noisy and takes some dialing in but it is a great cutter for the money this is recent cut i made it is 2.5 inches tall and about 1.85 inches wide

post-35399-0-13705100-1419804822_thumb.j