Wildgoose

Oh heck...I gotta do this.

That dang Conde should be outlawed! I took the tour of all the crap that you can sublimate and dang it I just couldn't resist the urge. Beanie, iphone case, keytag, etc...and I bought the foam kit that looks like it will be handy for weird stuff like the beanie. 

My team client decided to sublimate about 60 of their jerseys so I was already getting my feet wet and decided I might as well jump in head first. Hope the pool is deep enough not to break my neck!

Getting a great Christmas price on a 7620 printer and have some Cobra ink carts in the mail as well as a stack of paper and even a sleeve/leg platen for the Fusion. Santa came early but will deliver after Christmas. I can't hardly wait!

• Like 3

haha,wait till you get the call from a Conde Rep asking if you were happy with your order, (before it even ships out).

The man asks if i have a sublimation printer.  I said yup, sure do...  

Then he tries to sell me a heat press on the spot...  I then tell him i already have one.  He asks what kind?  I tell him the Hotronix Fusion, and he asks... "What is that?  I have never heard of it".

haha too funny. I can't figure out why, but he hasn't called back in a while.  It sure is easy to keep ordering new items to sublimate though.  I guess thats how i ended up with 3 of every different style of mug coastal sold before i even had my printer or press delivered at the beginning of the year.   ;D

• Like 1

Conde's website should have a warning label about being addictive.

• Like 3

haha,wait till you get the call from a Conde Rep asking if you were happy with your order, (before it even ships out).

The man asks if i have a sublimation printer.  I said yup, sure do...  

Then he tries to sell me a heat press on the spot...  I then tell him i already have one.  He asks what kind?  I tell him the Hotronix Fusion, and he asks... "What is that?  I have never heard of it".

haha too funny. I can't figure out why, but he hasn't called back in a while.  It sure is easy to keep ordering new items to sublimate though.  I guess thats how i ended up with 3 of every different style of mug coastal sold before i even had my printer or press delivered at the beginning of the year.   ;D

Ha ha! My wife fielded that call almost down to the exact detail. I think their sales staff need to take a course on how to get additional sales. My wife said the sales lady/customer support person seemed lost. 

• Like 1

Yea I bought an Epson 1100 before they quit selling them.I was going to get into some sublimation

But things changed and I knew it would be to addicting so it is still in the unopened box.It has

Never been opened. life am thinking about selling it for what I paid plus shipping from Delaware zip

yeah them reps calls alot even to make sure you got your item. my rep is sandy and she very nice.

Now I feel left out they've never called me. Coastal calls once in a while but none from comde.

broke down and got an Epson 7610 today on sale for 150. from Staples. Now i need to research sub ink. That is why i came to this board. I knew i could find out need to know info here. SO, what do i need to know. :huh: heheheheeee

With the epson a good source is Cobraink. I have yet to use the sub ink but their pigment ink is awesome and cheap and the profiles they will send you work fantastical. I'm counting on the same results with the sublimated. 

• Like 2

Cobrainks are good and I've used them in several epsons but I recently switched to printpayless inks and from my experience they do't require running a profile to get decent results.

• Like 2

I second the suggestion of Cobra Ink.  There are cheaper inks on the market, but it's hard to beat Cobra Ink's customer support - they'll help you with your printer even if you didn't buy it from as long as you're a customer of their other products...

My Conde rep is Kerri and every time we talk I get asked if I'm still happy with my "Insert name of printer that didn't come from Conde here" and if I ever want to get a Ricoh, to please let her know...

• Like 1

so Wildgoose, what is the diff in pigment ink and sub ink? What would you use each on ?

Pigment is for inkjet transfers like jet pro soft stretch and 3G and works just great for everyday printing. Cobra's product is basically the same as Epson Durabrite ink but a lot cheaper in bulk.  Sub ink is strictly for sublimation on polyester or sub-ready products. 

• Like 1

Now I feel left out they've never called me. Coastal calls once in a while but none from comde.

Conde calls me like once a month....  yep they need a warning lable

Thanks Wildgoose. Conde called me today. Tried talking me into a Ricoh. Too costly for me right now. Said the ink would last longer because it would use less ? Any thoughts on that. I am still going toward Cobra for the CISS. Can't wait to start. OK, what is profile ? I need to be brave enough to go ahead and order the CISS. 

Color profile adjusts the colors when printing so they come out correct. Cobraink has videos of how yo set it up and as far as epson vs. Ricoh I have both and they perform equally well with the only difference beino I make sure to run the epson every few days to avoid clogging and the ricoh I just print when needed and it's fine. Really thinking I'm going to sell the ricoh since I've got the epson set up now.

• Like 1

Looks like buying a epson from cobra already set up CIS system may be the way to go for Sub printing.  I saw someone uses one on a mac and uses some type of auto print every few days to keep the heads clear...Gotta find that

Looks like buying a epson from cobra already set up CIS system may be the way to go for Sub printing.  I saw someone uses one on a mac and uses some type of auto print every few days to keep the heads clear...Gotta find that

If you have a mac you can just use the Automator app and it will run a cleaning cycle however often you want. I couldn't get it to use the actual nozzle test from the printer tools but I made a file on my desktop with about 8 small 1/4" squares of various colors that I hope will exercise the nozzles and I just have the automater run a calendar workflow to "get file" then "print finder document" or some such option in the list and ran a test to be sure it was working and have it printing one every other day at 5pm. Works like a charm and hopefully it's using all the nozzles.

You would think Epson would include the an app with the printer to

avoid this nozzle plugging problem!

Of course, that means they have to admit there's a problem first.

Sue2

Yea they could do something internal that would do a simple minor cleaning cycle or something that would save the heads if they wanted to. You have to also look at it from the other side too, we are pushing the envelope on what the printers were designed for especially with sublimation ink. 

If you have a mac you can just use the Automator app and it will run a cleaning cycle however often you want. I couldn't get it to use the actual nozzle test from the printer tools but I made a file on my desktop with about 8 small 1/4" squares of various colors that I hope will exercise the nozzles and I just have the automater run a calendar workflow to "get file" then "print finder document" or some such option in the list and ran a test to be sure it was working and have it printing one every other day at 5pm. Works like a charm and hopefully it's using all the nozzles.

I gotta think if your test file was R G B then you would use all the inks......I think?:huh:  Are you willing to share your test print out.  Pretty sure I'll be ordering today.  I gotta do this Sublimation stuff big time.  I can see it being a way to make a few bucks!  Thanks Wildgoose, yes Automator was what I was looking for.

Sue2....YA THINK!  But then they would say people are complaining about using too much ink...LOL

But the nozzles clog with the pigment ink and routine printing too....

Sue2

• Like 1

You would think Epson would include the an app with the printer to

avoid this nozzle plugging problem!

Yeah, especially since it would burn up their "more expensive per oz than Russian caviar" inks...

There is an app available for PCs, I think it's called Harvey Head Cleaner (?) or something similar that will run test pages at intervals you define.   I have my printers configured as Google Cloud Print printers so I can print my test pages from my phone whenever the reminder goes off - don't even have to be at home.

This is the test page I created - I made it back when I only had 4-color printers, but it seems to use all 6 colors on the Epson 1400, so I haven't bothered to update it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11891840/Print%20Test%20Page.pdf

• Like 2