Sign in to follow this  
halpain17

titan 2 servo with signlab?

I was looking at purchasing the Titan 2 servo, and I know it comes with software, however we have signlab 7.1 and 9.1 and I was wondering if anyone knows if it would work with those also?

Thanks

You may have to check with Signlab..check your drivers.   The Titan 2 is a rebranded Saga vinyl cutter....  There may be drivers on the Saga site or their tech support may be able to help.

update:

I downloaded the trial of Signlab 9.1.   I didn't see the Saga driver  or it listed under the UScutter  list of cutters...

I dont see it under USCutter or Saga. I just thought maybe someone had successfully used it. We had been using an old cm-24 roland cutter but its stopped working, so I was going to get another 24" and can't seem to beat the price of the Titan 2 with a servo motor, but I wanted something that will work with signlab... thought about going with a gx-24 (definately want the optic eye and all for contour cutting)

I can't even think of anyone here that uses Signlab...  Doing a search I see a few questions, but they were never answered.   Or 2011 and older. 

We have just used it forever... here there are lots of guys who say signlab is the best and only software worth using. Any opinions on that? Personally I just havent used anything else and am afraid of change. What software seems to be the preferred? I looked at Flexi before and it just seemed old school and complicated.

Lately I've been hearing a lot of great reviews of vinylmaster. I've been playing with the demo and the only thing that has kept me from purchasing is its inability to use the poll feature of my graphtec

• Like 1

I use copam drivers with my titan 2 to use signblazer.I bet sign lab has the copam drivers

I did see the Copam driver in the Signlab...

Date Manufacturer Name 2004-05-20 COPAM
CP 4500
  2004-05-20 COPAM
CP 4050
  2004-05-20 COPAM
CP 3500
  2004-05-20 COPAM
CP 3050
  2004-05-20 COPAM
CP 2500

those are the copam machines signlab shows to work with.

thanks eddie.

i may try some of that other software.

anyone use the sure cuts alot? any thoughts on it?

I was thinking of getting the titan 28" educational package... seems to have to decent stuff in it to rebuild my supplies a little since we havent been up and running in a while.

I know as far as user friendly vinylmaster is really good. To me it is a up to date sign blazer and the vectorizing puts Inkscape to shame in my book.

I've been playing with pro. If they'd fix the polling issue with graphtecs I think I'd be sold on it

I love the way it detects the edges of jpg's for contour cutting. Big plus considering how many shirt transfer I do and it'll probably be what finally makes me pull the trigger.

Jay, I guess you're aware that the Rip and the professional print modules aren't in the Pro version... Just the Xpert?

Haven't tried very hard with the polling feature cause I don't use/need it but, is there any software besides Graphtec's own

that does? Or does that feature even work in Cut Master?

• Like 1

Direct from Flexi.   Polls the size of the media loaded in the cutter..This feature only works for devices that are capable of 2 way communication, such as serial or USB devices. 

We have just used it forever... here there are lots of guys who say signlab is the best and only software worth using. Any opinions on that? Personally I just havent used anything else and am afraid of change. What software seems to be the preferred? I looked at Flexi before and it just seemed old school and complicated.

The best software is the one that you are most comfortable, experinced and most productive with what ever that may be. I have several cutting programs including flexi starter and prefer signblazer just because i can do more in it without stopping to figure out what to do next.

Does pro offer the ability to print to desktop printers? If so that's all I really need, that and the ability to maybe send as pdf so I can send the print file to the print shop.

MAn, you guys are alot of help... I for now will just have the cutter but plan to upgrade later to a printer and laminator. I havent done signwork in years, and prior just had the cm-24 and signlab which we purchased in the late 90s. It seems that signlab to me is way overpriced compared to others, but then I am just not current with my knowledge on equipment and software.

I obviously want to buy a cutter around 24+ inches. My thought is to not go too big as I dont really need it, and if I cut something small, say 4x6" then I wouldnt be wasting multiple feet of vinyl.

I figured with the salvo motor the titan 2 seems pretty beasty for the price. And as long as I can come by some reasonable priced user friendly software, im not opposed to something new. (just didnt want to get stuck not being able to use signlab if its one of the best). I figured later I might grab an old epson 7600 unless theres some other cheaper one that will do the trick, and maybe a diage 25" laminator. Those seemed pretty decent to me, but like i said, printed signs are new to me, so i could easily be choosing the wrong equipment or software. Just trying to be prepared as I can.

MAn, you guys are alot of help... I for now will just have the cutter but plan to upgrade later to a printer and laminator. I havent done signwork in years, and prior just had the cm-24 and signlab which we purchased in the late 90s. It seems that signlab to me is way overpriced compared to others, but then I am just not current with my knowledge on equipment and software.

I obviously want to buy a cutter around 24+ inches. My thought is to not go too big as I dont really need it, and if I cut something small, say 4x6" then I wouldnt be wasting multiple feet of vinyl.

I figured with the salvo motor the titan 2 seems pretty beasty for the price. And as long as I can come by some reasonable priced user friendly software, im not opposed to something new. (just didnt want to get stuck not being able to use signlab if its one of the best). I figured later I might grab an old epson 7600 unless theres some other cheaper one that will do the trick, and maybe a diage 25" laminator. Those seemed pretty decent to me, but like i said, printed signs are new to me, so i could easily be choosing the wrong equipment or software. Just trying to be prepared as I can.

Honestly, I've been using inkscape for alittle over a year now.  It's a free design software.  It's always been my go to software and just works.  After I save it as a eps file I load it into Flexistarter (About $100) and cut.   Flexistarter is just a cutting program, not a design.   Flexi offers higher levels to their programs where you can design but those are super pricey. 

Inkscape and flexistarter have been SUPER reliable.  And I'm having a hard time switching to anything else. 

I'm sure someone will pop in and suggest SignBlazer.  It's a good free all in one program.  I just didn't care for it much.