Sign in to follow this  
halpain17

Issue with Roland cm-24

I wondered if anyone might be able to help with an issue I'm having with my cutter.

Problem is that when I turn it on the motor makes a noise like its pulling the knife to its original position, however the knife makes a slight "twitch" and stays where it is.

If I move it to the "far right position" the machine setup button doesnt work to find the vynil size.

Here is what I have done and discovered while working on it:

I bought a new motor (the knife motor obviously). I also checked the belt and cleaned the slide/rail that the knife moves on.

None of the above fixed the issue.

On a side note: I noticed that if I unscrew the motor and allow it to be away from the gears, it still does not turn when I turn on the machine, but makes a small twitch.

If I start moving the knife by hand to the right, the motor will then kick in and finish moving it, but still does not allow the "setup" button to be used. (I take that back, I think out of a hundred times, the setup light cam on twice and let me run it).

Any ideas? doesnt seem to be a bind anywhere, or the motor, so I'm not sure what it could be.

Thanks in advance!

Update: I called an old service center and they did some troubleshooting with me. We tested all the sensors and they read successfully. Also, we swapped the plugs for the two motors, to see if it was in fact the motor (the vinyl feed motor shouldn't do the same thing). It did the same with that motor, which shows that it had to be something on the main board.

I can't really find problems on the main board that stand out to me. Both fuses show no resistance with an Ohm meter. and the only thing I see is a little build up under a couple of capacitors (not sure if these means the capacitors leaked...? none look busted on top. I'm not great with circuitry, and not sure what would cause it, but both the service man and myself agree it seems as though the board isnt putting out enough power to the motor.

On a side note they no longer service boards, so sending it in for repair doesnt seem to be optional.

Hope you get it worked out.  Looks like parts for the Camm-1 are getting hard to find.

Hope you get it worked out.  Looks like parts for the Camm-1 are getting hard to find.

note - they used the name camm-1 on all the older plotters from the cm-24 all the way back to at least the pnc-950 (or something like that - so if you look for parts make sure to look for the actual part number.  only listed as a public service announcement for future readers trying to fix their old rolands

• Like 2

note - they used the name camm-1 on all the older plotters from the cm-24 all the way back to at least the pnc-950 (or something like that - so if you look for parts make sure to look for the actual part number.  only listed as a public service announcement for future readers trying to fix their old rolands

Good to know   :thumbsup: