GraphxNMore

Black turning out brown

Everything I do in my press looks great (license plates, keychains, shirts, etc). Coffee mugs and stainless steel travel mugs are turning out brown. I've reduced temp and shortened time by 15 seconds. I've read that "over pressing" will cause this. Does over pressing mean too much pressure or too long? I wasn't paying attention to the instructions I was reading on the first one and only presses 75 seconds. The colors are accurate, only dingey looking.

Recommended temp is 400° for 300 seconds. I've reduced time to 285 and temp to 380° with an infrared gun.

My mug press is set to hit 380 then start the countdown timer which is set at 120. Worth a try.

I'll try that. I think I'll use the mug that looks faded as a trial instead of using a new one. Shouldn't be an issue should it?

you can repress over and over. Does your timer start the instant you clamp the mug or does it wait until after it gets back up to temp (mugs suck the heat  out of the press). If it startts as soon as you clamp it I feel sure it won't be long enough to compensate for the initial heat loss.

As soon as I close it. The stainless mugs turned out brown too with a shorter burn. Of course the substrate is different as well, I'm sure the metal comes to temp a lot quicker. I'm gonna run about 180 seconds and adjust from there since I have a throw away anyway. LOL  Thanks Jay.

if you are using sawgrass inks are you using the power driver and changing the profile for the specific substrate?    what paper are you using to print to?  

Using Sublijet-R, let Conde in to set it up. Cut it back to 280 seconds at 380....... Perfection!! Thanks for the email, it's totally different from what I've read from their site and instruction sheet they emailed me.

• Like 1

what mug press do you have. mine's I put a old mug in it let it pre heat up to 265 then it beeps and then I put the mug in that im sublimating and hit the start button the temp drops down cause the mug is cold then once it hits the sub heat of 285 it counts drown from 100 seconds. and  I get perfect mugs.

my settings are

pre heat: 265

sub heat : 285

Timer :100