efimage

I think I am done with USCutter for now. Do Not Buy RazorCut Buy VinylMaster Pro instead

I was previously using a subscription to Vinyl Master Pro which I recently canceled and was going to purchase the actually program. It is available from a few vendors on eBay and elsewhere for around $250. I noticed that UScutter had Razorcut on sale for $199.  I figured I might pick that up instead of VMP. I have had nothing but great experiences with UScutter and I was happy to support them.  I called up the sales dept. last week and spoke to a women and asked a few questions about its features. One of the questions was does it support your SC cutter because I do not see it listed.  I was told it supports all of our cutters.  Well I received the software and it does not support the SC. It is also not the same as Vinyl Master Pro it is a cross between VinylMaster Cut and VinylMaster Letter.   Needless to say software is not returnable and I am pretty much out $200.

I am pissed at myself at this point more then anything for not doing good enough research and relying on a uscutter sales rep who obviously does not know what they are talking about.  I was excited to buy it and pulled the trigger quick.  I also did not realize that there was a demo available. I was only going by the uscutter deal page, my experience with VinylMaster Pro and what the sales rep told me.

When I spoke to them today they basically said software is not returnable and there is nothing they can do which is their policy and I respect that. But I was given wrong information by their sales rep and of course no one there owned up to it when he asked around.  I have spent a few thousand with uscutter this year and was planning on buying some more equipment next year.  I know that amount is not that much compared to some people but I have been a loyal customer up to this point. You would think they could do something. Lesson learned and time to move on to a new supplier.

Sorry for the long post just needed to air my grievances :-) and I feel better now

I hear you. I bought in on the initial release of SCALP Pro 3 (thank goodness for just $50) I would have been very pissy had I spent the full amount they asked for later. Software is a crap shoot I think. Hard to tell what it's going to be like until you get it and get to know it. Are you certain there is no way to get it to work with your cutter? I know several of the cutters run fine on a generic driver. I wouldn't give up on your investment even though the overall program may not be what your wanting at the end of the day. 

Heck I paid about $400 for a SignCut dongle and i'ts solely for cutting, no design capability whatsoever other than basic text input (excellent program though and I knew what I was getting) so a couple hundred clams is about as low on the budget pole as you can get. 

Overall I have had a hard time finding any other company that can match USCutter for price and service but you have to make the decisions on who you go through for yourself. You may find you will blow more than the $200 trying to work through others. 

• Like 1

And from reading past posts,  You also have the Roland GX which Razor Cut  will work with,,   by the way, did Roland ever get that cutter fixed.? 

Signblazer is free and has the Liyu driver for the SC cutter. 

Like Wildgoose.. I paid just over $100 for a Flexistarter program that is basic cutting with a few more options. And I own it..  but years ago I bought a design and cutting program that I didn't like  and paid $200 for.. I still have it...  WINPCSIGN,   I might like it now after more experience, but I am so used to Flexistarter, that I probably won't.

Possibly you could contact VMP and they could tell you how to install the SC driver.   The cutter is a Liyu.

Ha ha! I had a version of SCALP Pro 3 which you can't sell but it mysteriously went missing right about the time I sold my P-Cut, huh what a coincidence. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I read that you can transfer and sell VinylMaster Pro... Not sure about razorCut. Maybe you can sell it ?

I've got 2 copies of scalp3, one of the $50 ones and one that came with a cutter but other than the trace function they are not used at my shop. I do understand the frustration of being told it will run you cutter and not actually doing so and on that part I have to side with the OP.

It will work with my Roland but not my backup SC so it is not a total loss but it is also missing some features of Vinylmaster Pro that i did use.  

Getting the wrong info by the sales rep is annoying me.  If I where to gave one of my customers the wrong information and they made a purchase based on it. I would make it right. I guess that is the difference between a small one man operation and large company.

Skarekrow-

razorcut can be activated and deactivated by the serial number so it is possible to sell it if I wanted to.

Wildgoose-

you are right about the prices. I just checked with my other suppliers and UScutter has the best prices for Oracal :-(

Mz Skeeter-

My Gx-24 was at Roland for almost 3 weeks. They ran it every day and could not find anything wrong with it. The SC actually performed great but I do most of my cutting at night after my kids go to bed and that stepper motor is noisy. it is nice to have a quite cutter back, I might try emailing VMP but I am sure with whatever licensing agreement they have with Uscutter I will not be able to get it.

In the end it is only $200  not a huge amount but It could have went to other supplies.

For anybody contemplating buying Razorcut go to ebay and buy VinylMaster Pro $50 more and way more bang for the buck

• Like 2

I don't understand why USC won't return your software even if it violates their policy. You were given wrong info by a sales rep, therefore, they should without a doubt accept your return, unless there is more to the story than what you have shared. If it were me, I would be disputing the purchase with my credit card company. In the past, I've had great customer service with USC. It boggles me why they wouldn't help you. 

• Like 1

That's pretty much my end of the story.   I called up asked a few questions mainly about when the sale ends and if the SC is supported and who handles the tech support for the software UScutter or Futurecorp hung up and ordered it online a few days later. Not much to it. I just talked to the wrong sales rep.   I was thinking of doing a charge back but I used my business debitcard and not a cc.

http://www.uscutter.com/RazorCut-Design-Contour-Cut-Software

I understand fully what went wrong with the sales rep and i think its bs they wont fix it . but i went ahead and made a call myself and complained to them about this and not mentioning any names as well. The rep wouldnt change the answer even tho the Original sales rep GAVE WRONG INFO to you ,and i said whats the point of talking to a sales rep if they dont know the products accurately and then sale an item with false info ? .And was told to go to the link above and read the description. Even tho talking to rep and they said it would work and lied to get the sale,The Description specs does specifically say what it does work only for...Really sucks tho. I would be pissed as well.Thats why everytime i buy something and talk to a rep i ask for their name and take note of it and also write it down on my billing slip when my product arrives....

The end result is that they get the bad feedback that they earned. Nothing wrong with making sure the next guy doesn't fall into the same set of tire tracks. I gave SCALP and honest chance and they fell on their face and have been getting a kick in the "you know where" any time I give feedback. I think the sales team screwed up on your particular situation and would have avoided a LOT of bad press on a new released program by simply making it right. They could have offered to give you some in-store credit and not even been out the revenue.

My point earlier was aimed more at being smart about the bottom line regardless of some meat head sales rep. (I know she was a lady but ladies can be meat heads too.) Good luck figuring things out. I don't know the first thing about the software but if they want to play with the big boys maybe they will write a driver for you. That would at least solve the real issue. The missing features are really not anyones fault but yours.

I upgraded to a Summa and really wasn't in love with the offerings that were available (especially for mac though there is mac sign) and wanted to continue with SignCut Pro which I had been using with my P-Cut. SignCut actually made drivers specifically for me. Talk about an award winning team! A few months later I wanted to experiment with my contour cutting which I still rarely use and was having issues with it and they ended up actually purchasing an entire machine to use in order to figure it out. Summa uses some different avenues according to them and it took that much effort to get everything working properly. They did a smash up job and I have never seen a program design team come through like that. SOOOO as you can tell they all the good press I can throw out there out of sheer appreciation. SignCut is an awesome cutting program and once you figure out the little nuances I personally think it's the best. Cross platform compatibility being a HuGE factor for me 'cause I draw on a mac and cut with a windows laptop that has a tendency to show me the blue screen at the most inappropriate times so i needed to be able to fall back and run a longer usb over to the mac and keep going. 

• Like 1

Gotta agree with you about SignCut, Goose... Even though I am very satisfied with all aspects of VinylMaster,

I still keep my subscription up with SC.

It's an excellent cutting program that always does exactly what it's supposed to.

I'm just taking my time weaning off the familiar stand-by.

I guess I'm down to using Sc about 20% of the time, now.

• Like 1

Just want to update the thread and let everybody know that the issue is resolved. USCutter came through and is issuing me a RMA and a refund ;D .   To make a short story even shorter they had some new staff during the holidays and I am assuming they were not all that familiar with Razorcut.  I just needed to talk to the right people which took some time because of the holidays and vacations.

• Like 7

If you PM me I can email you an SC driver which you can import into Razor Cut... it's easy!  :angel:

Thanks

Mat