Sign in to follow this  
japaneseboy

SCAL Pro 3 problem with cutting and other

Hi Again Guys!

Hope you're all enjoying your holidays.

My cutter is MH871-MK2 Cutting Plotter and I am using Sure Cuts A lot Pro 3 on a Windows 7 64 bit desktop.

My problem is that when I cut a set of texts for example: "Approaching Others" and "Nobody Gets Hurt"(has a box surrounding Nobody...) the "Approa" part of "Approaching" is shifted upwards which, well, results in the words not being aligned. I also noticed that the words "Approaching Others" were pasted twice when imported from illustrator.

My second problem is when I finish cutting a project I press the "offline/pause" button to feed out more sticker so I can cut the finished portion out, and then press the "reset" button" as this leaves the sticker as it is. But the problem is when I want to cut a second project SCAL is stuck on the "initializing..." window and I would have to restart my desktop to do another cut. Is there another way to feed out sticker after a project to avoid using the "reset" button.

I'm gonna try cutting the project again without the double pasted "Approaching Others" to see if that fixed the misaligned words. Just thought of it while writing this.

Thanks!

Merry Christmas

So....lol

The double pasted word for "approaching others" I guess was the problem as the second cut job, deleting the second image, had not problem. 

Also, for the "reset" button issue, just lift up the three levers holding down the sticker, then hold onto the sticker and press the "offline" button again. Then put down all three levers again. It's an easy solution, probably a more "formal" one out there, but this works for me. 

Merry Christmas! 

I spoke too soon. 

Attached is a link to the photo of the sticker I cut out.     (http://postimg.org/image/b5fcq36k3/

After four cuts the "pp" in "Approaching Others" starts to shift downward. Also, if you look at the "A" It isn't a clean cut. 

I made sure that there are no double pasted words. About the unclean cut "A" I tried changing the cutting weight and speed to various combinations but the problem still persists. Sometimes the "A" doesn't cut like in the second "A" from the left/top side. 

All the help is much appreciated! 

Thank You,

Japaneseboy. 

I would suggest you upload the adobe file and let us look at it. Have you successfully cut ANYTHING with your cutter? I would probaly advise drawing up something similar in SCALP itself and cut it to be sure that you have your cutter running right. Maybe even a few simple designs like squares and circles and a little basic text. There are a lot of possible contributing factors. If your cutter is successfully churning out designs from SCALP then you can rule out cutter set-up and move to file issues. Illustrator is complex and you may have a file conversion issue. If you sned the wrong version to SCALP it may not like it. IF you are using a plug-in to cut directly FROM AI through SCALP it could be a bad plug-in/driver type issue (had that happen several times and thus no longer own SCALP) Just try to be as methodical and logical as you can when working out the problem. Post the file and we can look at it. I would save it as an Illustrator 8 file and then open it up with scalp rather than trying to pass it through the plug-in too that might help.