DNA_Vinyl

Taper cut...

Dilemma.

So…etching glass has really taken off. I ran into a problem. How do I make the image taper to fit different glass type? I’ve only done beer steins that are pretty straight up and down. But the pint glasses sure give me a problem.

post-72594-0-96042500-1418908819_thumb.p

Be sure to take you're own measurements of the glass, don't just go by the specifications. While close, the template wasn't exact using the specs of the glass. After taking my own measurements and adjusting the template things worked out a lot better.

I have a little tape measure that I use in my "other" job that is made for measuring the OD on pipe. It is a real small metal tape that you wrap around pipe and read where the tape overlaps in tenths and hundredths of an inch and is the cats meow to figuring out the perfect number. I usually take a full measurement then cut it in thirds or sometimes half depending on the application. I also ALWAYS get it built (the outline of a cut box) and print it on paper and test it out first. Another quick way is to hold a piece of colored paper on the glass and draw a rectangle where you want it and then cut the rectangle (which will be warped) out and scan it in. Either way each one is pretty much a custom fit unless the graphic is something that doesn't matter if it gets warped. 

• Like 1

We cut and fit, Does not seem to take very long and allows me to use same stencil design