valdomingo42

Contour cutting Help! Newbie!! Please!!

Titan 2

Epson stylus pro 4800

SCAL Pro 3

iMac Yosemite

I basically did the basics. Printed my image on a paper with registration marks on it. Now, I tried getting the registration marked read by my cutter and it seemed to beworking well. Then when I pressed cut, the cutter is cutting the image on a different direction. So, the outline cut is upside down! Any help? What am i doing wrong?

Make sure your calibrate the laser, there is a screen in Sure Cuts a Lot to help you do this. 

Busterbay, thank you so much for responding! I calibrated the laser many times! It seemed to have read all 3 registration marks then when i press cut, it goes through the reading process again. However, my new issue now is that the outline cut cuts about 1inch above and 1/2 inch to the right of the print image. So, it's still not on point. It read all three registration marks but it still not on point on the image! Whats going on? Its getting frustrating!

Busterbay, if you don't mind, can you please give me a detailed from beginning to end tutorial on how to contour cut? Ive searched all over but noting about the Titan 2. If you can that'll be great! Thanks

Ive done it with surecut 3 many times.

I had to load my design from the front.

Here is what works for me.

I print with registration marks as following.

1 - top left corner

2 - top right corner

3 - bottom right corner.

When cutting I register them so

1 end up being bottom left corner if you look from side where paper/vynil comes out.

Also I am using origin point mode not wsywig mode when cutting.

If you can not figure it out let me know and I'll do some pictures for you..

• Like 1

George2014, thank you so so so much!!! I kinda understand what you are saying, but pictures will help me out a lot! Im looking forward for your response! :D

Here are pictures, the picture on the top of the page but when it's going through the cutter page is flipped and my spiders is at the 'end' of the page considering direction page moves through the cutter.

I am printing spiders with a marks in Inscape and then cut them out (circles).

Also I wrote 1,2,3 marks how you tell to the SCAL software.

post-89193-0-66290500-1418962881_thumb.j

post-89193-0-87221900-1418963026_thumb.j

post-89193-0-54384600-1418963080_thumb.j

PS: just an FYI. This is just for pictures. I will not be able to cut that way since rollers will not hold paper when I need to register mark #1.

But you either print with margins or flip the paper with white side into cutter and turn cutting silhouette 180 degrees.

I hope it helps.

PS: just an FYI. This is just for pictures. I will not be able to cut that way since rollers will not hold paper when I need to register mark #1. But you either print with margins or flip the paper with white side into cutter and turn cutting silhouette 180 degrees. I hope it helps.

Put your paper on a cutting mat larger than your print paper,  Your pinch rollers will then be on the cutting mat and not your print. And your registration marks will be in full view.  I have even heard of some using adhesive spray on wax paper backing, as their cutting mat. Cutting mat can be purchased at Walmart also.

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/3126/product_name/Silhouette+CAMEO+Light+Hold+Cutting+Mat

Mz SKEETER thank you so much for your input. I will go ahead and buy a cutting mat. So then how can I cut multiple images in portrait mode? Should I customize the paper length on the print options or do I have to print them seperately? Thanks again

Mz SKEETER thank you so much for your input. I will go ahead and buy a cutting mat. So then how can I cut multiple images in portrait mode? Should I customize the paper length on the print options or do I have to print them seperately? Thanks again

Your welcome,  Like I said, I have heard of others using a spray adhesive also,  and using wax paper backing..of vinyl   I'm sure you will figure out a way.....

Does your print paper have a type of backing to it?  Or how are you not cutting into your cutter ,teflon cutting strip with the blade?