lablover

Cant cut this to save my life!!

Graphtec CE-6000  I can cut the smallest things with no problems.  I try this file after I thought I cleaned it up but my cutter whats to pull up every point or almost every point.  I bought this from vector art .

I thought it was my blade or something so cleaned it out etc.  Still doing it.  For giggles I tried to cut a file tons smaller and more detail and it cut fine.  For some reason this coffee file I think is the culprit.

Oracal 631

If someone could look at the file and give me that..Oh Joe you dumb SH*& you did this wrong..That would be great.  I was freaked because I thought my cutter was going nuts but after cutting other items with no issues I figured it was the file

HELP 

coffee2.eps

I am at my day job and tried to open it on an older version of AI but it won't because the format is from CC or a newer version than the old CS2 I have at work. You might try downsaving it to an older format like version 8 and see if it's a version compatibility issue. 

I would open it in Graphtec Studio as is run a live trace and cut from there. Before i did that the lines look really jagged in the program. After it looks clean and I don't see why it would not cut. 

I didn't see anything wrong with it, and nothing sharp pointed about it....Unless your trying to cut way too small. Maybe too much blade, or speed. That is usually the reason for lifting vinyl.  

I didn't see anything wrong with it, and nothing sharp pointed about it....Unless your trying to cut way to small. Maybe too much blade, or speed. That is usually the reason for lifting vinyl.  

I thought that at first but used the same piece of vinyl and cut something 1" tall with text.  This coffee thing is 9 inches.  Hmmmmmm  The 1" tall item cut with no issues.

3in1 oil and gonna tray again

Opened it with Inkscape and only thing I saw funny was a couple of double nodes, one on the top of the right bean, and the in one of the corners of the coffee/straw. Neither of which should cause problems.

Here's the file back after opening and saving with Inkscape. Shouldn't matter, but you never know, can't hurt to give it a try.

coffee2.eps

OK, here is a pic of the vinyl.  The coffee cup I used the pic to point out one of the places it keeps catching.  I also cut the smaller designs on the top with the same settings and nothing is lifting.  Only those points on the coffee cup.  I know they don't look real sharp in the file but on the cut vinyl they still seem sharp to me?

Dunno

Added some 3-1 oil no change

NOTE:  This blade hit the cutter strip at one point a few days ago very slightly.

post-88484-0-87144100-1418836923_thumb.j

have you tried slowing the cutter down to like 8-10 and cutting it?  clean the blade and holder tip with some alcohol to make sure there is nothing sticky there?

• Like 1

have you tried slowing the cutter down to like 8-10 and cutting it?  clean the blade and holder tip with some alcohol to make sure there is nothing sticky there?

I will slow it down and give it a try.

I will also add that the little snowboard cut design weeds great.  the big coffee design weeds like crap.  Those little points want to come up when weeding.

low tack vinyl - you will have that now and then.  just hold down the points with that x-acto when you are weeding

Slowed it down to 8...That was a bit better but a few still wanted to come up.  I may separate those lines a bit and maybe round off a bit more.  Or even slower?

I'd slightly round the points. Those acute angles will be the first thing to fail once installed.

• Like 1

Fattened some of the lines a bit then rounded the points a bit more.  Slowed the cutter down....

Works like a champ now.  I was not gonna let this file kick my butt.

After looking at the file again real close I realized this thing is meant to be cut big!  When cutting say 7x7 some of those lines are so close together they might as well have been touching.  Didn't look like that zoomed in close on the file but when cut that told the story.

Thanks to everyone who helped out.  Good thing is my blade is cleaner, holder is cleaner..  :)

Joe

• Like 2

Also those are very tight corners and tips for the blade to turn on. Don't know what blade you are running, but I would use a 60 deg blade.

I think the side of the blade is lifting the vinyl as it turns to cut the rest of the line.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't get back on this Joe. Had to run for a while (I actually have to earn a living at least SOME of the time. LOL) Sounds like you are dialed in. If I get time one of these next evenings I'll attempt to cut this on my Summa and see if I have any issues. 

• Like 1

Using a .60 blade.  Those lines are just too close especially on a smaller decal.  Ended up making a 18x18 and it cut perfect.  Slowed it down like Dakota mentioned and adjusted a few lines...Bada-bing...Cake  :)

Goose, look forward to hear how it comes out and thanks for the help.  You are always there man!!

The file is do-able although way too fine of lines to ever count on staying put. It would be fine on a 4ft diner window probably. 

I cut the file on some cheap GS mat finish which is about the same consistency as 631 (fairly rigid and doesn't necessarily weed wonderful) This was done with a 36* summa blade which is what I have settled in on running. I tried out a 60* clean cut and it did pretty good too but not much noticeable difference from the summa regulars and they 36* are tougher So far I have not been able to corroborate the theory of a 60* doing tighter work than lower angles. I tried both on some crazy small stuff with equal results so I quit worrying about it. It may make a difference on budget cutters. 

post-20133-0-20436200-1418888648_thumb.j

Lablover it looks like you solved the issue already but are you cutting from VinylMaster Pro by any chance ? I had the same exact issue on my Roland with a couple files in the past when cutting from VMP4. If i cut the same file with Roland's CutStudio software the file cut perfect.  I emailed the tech support at VMP4 but they really had no explanation for it.  

The file is do-able although way too fine of lines to ever count on staying put. It would be fine on a 4ft diner window probably. 

I cut the file on some cheap GS mat finish which is about the same consistency as 631 (fairly rigid and doesn't necessarily weed wonderful) This was done with a 36* summa blade which is what I have settled in on running. I tried out a 60* clean cut and it did pretty good too but not much noticeable difference from the summa regulars and they 36* are tougher So far I have not been able to corroborate the theory of a 60* doing tighter work than lower angles. I tried both on some crazy small stuff with equal results so I quit worrying about it. It may make a difference on budget cutters. 

Thanks for giving it a try wild goose.  After I tweaked it a bit it cut great.  Yea, like you said maybe a 4 ft window...LOL  I reset my blade and tried it again for grins and it cut but like you said the weeding was a pain in the butt!

EFimage  I was using illustrator and cutting from Graphtec Cut Master.  I should of tried my VM to see what would happen.

I will say looking at the file it looks fine but those lines are way too fine

Thanks again to everyone for the help

Joe