Sign in to follow this  
SeeJaysPlace

Broken 3100 Rioch

So, i bought a brand new Rioch 3110 the week of Thanskgiving..

So as soon as the power saver mode came on after 5 min .. Printing to it was impossible and the computer printing didn't wake up the printer! 

So i did some research and in deed a fix, you need to upgrade to the 2.1.1 firmware to fix the problem..  So i downloaded that installed and boom

I did not fix the problem, Every time i needed to print something i had to reboot the printer power it all the way off and then power it back on.. well this was a pain

So i went into the printer and changed the power saver mode to 60 minutes not 5 minutes..  But this was a short term fix!  So i decided to call who i bought it from they told me to call Rioch. .so i did... after 1 hour on the phone with tech support they said my printer was bad the main board was broken and defective not working with the new firmware and said we need to replace your printer.. I said thank god, cause I'm usually a procrastinator on stuff like this.  So then the company i bought my printer said here is sawgrass # and call them to get free ink cause to load the 3100 it takes %15-20 of your ink just to load the lines!  i said sure why not lets call them and see what they say..  So they sent me out a FREE %100 and then they asked me what color would i like i said black.. why not that's the most expensive color in the printer..   So so sagrass sent me out a free black ink for my 3110 the one that Rioch is sending me .. 

So now i have a new Rioch 3110 and a free black ink..  So i just went to open my new box in the mail today from Rioch with my new Printer there it was on the bottom of the box 4 NEW Color Ink's everything but black!

So the moral of this story is do NOT procrastinat if a new item is broken call them.. and call them

So i got a new printer and 2 sets of ink for the price of one!  it's all good here!

• Like 3

congrats- sawgrass has done that when I replaced one defective printer and even when I bought a new printer to replace the old model - glad you got it all worked out and shared for others that may have the same problem.  wish I could have gotten in on that black friday sale but their site was so clogged I went to bed and missed it when it started working again :(

• Like 1