Sign in to follow this  
fustratedinhawaii

Bridge Cutting Plotter (new to me) HELP

If they self installed then it's something that doesn't need a heat press or they used a hand iron (not a good idea)

Ok...the information I found out, is that people use "Insginia Cloth" and the local supplier sells it for $25/yard ( I think she said 54" wide). 

Anyone here of this stuff? and how to cut it on the Grapghtec? Of course I"ll do some searching first, but would be nice if anyone here has some REAL experience with it :) !!!

Buy some of that insignia cloth and get 'er done! You'll be the one answering the questions from there on out. 

FREE SHIPPING :) !!!!!!!....."excludes Hawaii and Alaska...." where have I heard THAT before :'(

As usual, SKEETER: 4,879

FH:  0

Now....see if you can find how to cut it with my Graphtec ;) !!!

This is what I've been searching for ...no results yet....still trying ..... :)

do a test run... like anything else.....  The video that I watched, they just used scissors, to cut out the logo..and smoothed it on the sail  with her hand....Looked pretty easy..

Buy some of that insignia cloth and get 'er done! You'll be the one answering the questions from there on out. 

Looked and read a BUNCH on the websites...All use insignia cloth, but no designs other than the BIIIG ones you can cut with a pair of scissors. My friend's sail had an intricate design compared to these on the web!! I was just wondering if it could be cut on a cutter like ours... I have a suspicion they used regular vinyl like 651. I'll be doing more research in the next few weeks :)

I think you better concentrate on cutting some vinyl first since we can actually help you if you need it. Then when you give the other a try you'll have a better idea if something isn't going right. 

• Like 1

I think you better concentrate on cutting some vinyl first since we can actually help you if you need it. Then when you give the other a try you'll have a better idea if something isn't going right. 

AGREE 100 % :)

Ok...FINALLY went through all the videos one last time...1st test cut (through the machine) had a few hiccups, then it worked, 2nd and 3rd came out PERFECT :) !!! One thing that was perfect thanks to SKEETER and the videos...was the blade depth ;) !!!!

post-89478-0-49751700-1430124114_thumb.j

Ok...now....I made up simple words in Inscape and saved it as an SVG file like you see above, but when I opened up Graphtec Studio, I couldn't figure out how to import it, so I had to re-do it in GS.

I also tried to use GS to grab a picture from my computer in "My Pictures" that is usually a JPEG. Still, GS can't find it....Is there a plug-in or something I need to do so that Graphtec Studio (GS) can find my pictures? or is this just something it doesn't do....I've seen the word "DONGLE" or something like that...is that a plug-in??

Any plug-ins I need, PLEASE tell me step-by-step how to do it :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks,

FH

I don't Graphtec software......Dongle is a USB password security for software...As in the Software like Flexistarter 10 will not work without the USB dongle.  Looks like a thumb flash drive.

Sorry for sounding ignorant about this, but I already warned you ;) How do I get the Dongle or thumb flash drive so that the Graphtec Studio will accept what I design in Inkscape?

You asked what a dongle was.  I explained what a dongle was.  but it has nothing to do with Graphtec Software....

I don't know anything about Graphtec Studio,,Does it accept  .eps files?   If so save the inkscape.org files as.eps.

You can also use the FREE Signblazer to design and cut with your Graphtec..  Many do.

Hmmm...forgot about the signblazer...all the stuff I read and videos I've watched....blurry now.... :blink:

Thanks for the reminder about signblazer  ;D  ;D  ;D

Cutter command for Signblazer is HP-GL