newdesignz

Titan 2 blade holder questons

i am having some trouble setting my blade depth on my titan 2 cutter. i am use to the sc model which both seem to be the same. i can not get it set up right. its not consistent on straights it will cut on a curve it wont. then i reset it and its then to deep for it all and cuts into the paper. i have my speed at 350 and my pressure at 100

maybe my pressure is to high whats everyone setting it to?

and also on fine script letters it always pulls up the smal cuts around the letters and some times ruins it all together. any hints?

set your blade depth like this below...lifting vinyl is usually too much blade exposed and can also be too much speed.  Slow down until it cuts right.  You should barely feel the blade tip or see it.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  Use your test feature on machine to do that.

• Like 2

Perfectly said Skeeter..I have the same machine as you NewDesigns, I just got mine just over a month ago and im very happy with it...I run my Blade at 102 grams of pressure, and the test cut by hand with scrap vinyl is the way to do it . as long as the blade does not cut thru the backing paper you will be good. as for speed i run mine around 144 for now. Depending on what your design looks like, the speed will vary/ if there is a lot of smaller detail then run a slower speed. but if you are doing simple cuts like numbers, letters, larger graphics with larger cuts then a faster speed will be ok... You just have to determine the complexity of your design... Trial and error is in your path ahead. We all do it ,Even the pros still have those days...

I have a few suggestions ----

#1. Make sure that the cutting strip does not have the protective covering on it (you should remove that and leave the white nylon exposed)

#2. Verify the blade is spinning freely in the bushing. Take out the blade and add a drop of 3-in-1 oil into the bearing hole to lubricate it.