Sign in to follow this  
TorbenC

Reverse cutting direction

Hi!

I'm gonna cut out some lightning gels.

I have some problems, because there is no backingpaper, to hold on to the gels.

I'm gonna cut out a large circle, with smaller circles inside. But to prevent that everything moves around, I would like to cut out the small circles to start with, and then the outer circle last.

How can I do that?

Just search a cutting mat on here. That should fix all your issues.

Yep find a cutting mat or if you happen to do heat transfers the backing on the Siser products works great as a carrier too as it's sticky but not too stiff. 

I can't get a cutting map here. Have to buy it from another country :)

I use the backing paper from some vinyl, but it dosen't stick. (Taping the sides to the gel)

'Just ordered 2  "sticky" cutting mats from local sewing and vac. shop- they are for the ''Brother  Hobby and Craft Cutter"  and are used to stick fabric, paper, and vinyl  to the  re-usable cutting surface. They are Stiff They may be ordered from "Brother Cutting Machine.com and come in various sizes. I plan to tape 2 together for a 24"X24" size.

Will post again if this works out OK or not

'Just ordered 2  "sticky" cutting mats from local sewing and vac. shop- they are for the ''Brother  Hobby and Craft Cutter"  and are used to stick fabric, paper, and vinyl  to the  re-usable cutting surface. They are stiff!! 

They may be ordered from "Brother Cutting Machine.com and come in various sizes. I plan to tape 2 together for a 24"X24" size.

Will post again if this works out OK or not