levy4u

Ce6000-60 Perf Cut just cutting solid paths

Good afternoon!

I am new to your forum!

Many thanks for the forum - a lot of useful information!

I need your advice!

I have a wonderful machine CE6000-40

I do wedding invitations!

Very often it is necessary to cut thick paper - 300 grams, and more!

What advise cutting this paper:

- Use the cutting through function (perforation)

or

- Use Cutting mat

I tried to cut heavy paper without Cutting mat (function perforation) - there is no ideal result.

I have the feeling that the knife stuck in thick paper and paper raises.

For cutting thick paper need to use Cutting mat for a perfect result?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I would suggest using a 60 degree blade and a carrier sheet

Thanks for the answer!

Can you further explain why?

Why carrier sheet? 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="PointOfExp<b></b>ression" data-cid="382323" data-time="1420936791"><p>

Your blade will tear up the plotters cutting strip if you do not have one.</p></blockquote>

Good afternoon!

Thank you very much for your reply!

You are not quite right!

In the 6000 series is the position of the knife to punch!

In this position the blade does not touch cutting strip

He gets into the groove!

But when you cut thick paper it seems to me that the quality of the cut is worse than if you use Cutting mat

So I want to ask for advice.

When you cut the thick paper you are using Cutting mat?

Thank you very much!

The Ce models do not  have a perf setting on them which does not move the blade into a different position. Only the FC models have that function. I use a cutting mat has mine cuts into the cutting strip on the plotter and allows me to use the entire sheet for contour cutting and registering the reg marks.

• Like 1

Graphtec does make different models for different regions.. The Graphtecs sold here are Graphtec America... Maybe that could be a difference.

I have the 6000. Please take a photo of your blades in the two positions as mine definitely does not have two positions. There is also no setting within the plotter for perf cutting. You need to use cutting master 2 to get it to work. The pages you are referring to do not state anything about two blade position but rather that the machine is capable of doing it which I already know it can as I do it on a daily basis. 

Please attach the 2 photos/

Graphtec does make different models for different regions.. The Graphtecs sold here are Graphtec America... Maybe that could be a difference.

Looks like you may be right. I went to graphtecs uk site and it does show a second groove for perf cutting but nothing about it going into a second position. In the pictures it looks the same. I wonder why they would make them differently.

Yep,  different model for different region... He said just bought,, Nov 2014..   Graphtec America CE6000 been out for over a year....  Maybe will change later here in Americas...  who knows....

MY FC 7000-MK2-75   does do perf cutting and does not have 2 positions for the blade holder either.   It's in the software.  Although it does have the groove for cross cutting...Which is a totally different blade attached to the carriage head.

• Like 1

It looks like the same blue top blade holder,  It's the part that is connected to the carriage head that is different.  Graphtec America is only for 1 blade holder..  You would have to contact Graphtec,,, and see if they would even sell it to you.

Oh, I completely read your previous message wrong. I thought you said you had a different style blade which allowed you to cut in that groove (possibly some sort of bent holder)

My carriage head is much larger....I have the regular blue top blade holder on the right side of the carriage head, Then on the the left side I have a cross cutting blade that is held with a thumb screw...