levy4u

Ce6000-60 Perf Cut just cutting solid paths

Hey guys, i'm new to vinyl cutting and i recently got a graphtec and am comfortable enough to the point to use perf cut. I am using a separate condition for my material and selected cutting style 5 which is a .197 cut then .197 gap etc. Problem is, it just cuts straight through the material for the whole cut. I choose all the settings within cutting master 3.

Cutting .0762 mm sign vinyl at an offset of 0, speed of 20, acceleration of 2, and a cut force of 17.

The blade doesn't lift up at all. What else do you need to know to help me out here? Does the -60 model even support perf cut (i thought the new CE6000 series did)?

this is on the CE6000-60    http://www.graphteccorp.com/imaging/ce6000/index.html

Supports perforation cutting supports_perforation_cutting_02.jpg

Perforation cutting is performed by controlling the cutting force instead of blade up/down movements, increasing throughput. This is perfect for cutting separation lines for tearing out labels, fold lines for POP signs, and others.

supports_perforation_cutting.jpg

• Like 2

My heart dropped, then was brought right back up again, thanks Mz Skeeter! I'll play with my force and see if it is just too strong from the get go. I'll report back

I think there are some videos using the function thru cutting master 2 or 3 on graphtec website.

I actually just figured it out!! I still have to figure out the depth and everything to make it work perfect but I actually got it to perf cut.. I tested it with my pen tool. 

How did you get it to work? Do you set the normal cutting force 1 or 2 before it cuts through then turn the condition to perf cut??

You have to make sure you have 2 cut layers (Cut and perf cut) then set the cut layer to your normal contour cut setting. Set the perf cut to the setting to perf cut (haven't mastered this yet) then when you send it, it will cut the contour cut line first then press OK to continue to cut the perf layer.

• Like 1

I am trying to set my weed cut to the perf cut. What force do you have your condition at?

I had mine on 30 force with 30 speed.. I need to extend my blade out further but the blade holder I have won't allow me to. I tried to only have 1 cut line but it would not perf it.. It has to have 2 one for cut and one for perf.. 

Force 30!? At force 16 it cuts straight through my outdoor vinyl (oracal 651). Figured it out as well! Simple as having two conditions with the perf condition having a force enough to just barely cut through and selecitng the different cut style.. I swear i already had this set but just now it seems to be working. Make sure to select condition X for the artwork then Condition X for the perf cut.

Nice! I got it as well and yes it WILL cut into the strip 100% of the time. It isn't technically supported on the ce6000 series. FC series has a 2nd blade position i guess. I called graphtec usa and asked and they said just fine tune it A LOT so it's juuuustttt barrreellllyyy cutting into the strip and it should be ok. 

Needless to say I fine tuned it poorly and didn't know what was going on and really messed up my strip. But it does perf cut, i did style 7 I think, standard dotted line looking one.

Nice, I got myself a carrier sheet so now I can cut through without having to worry about my cutting strip. I have done over 150 perf cut stickers so far without any issues! Loving this new feature.

What printer are you using? I am thinking about looking for a 24" one...

What vinyl paper are you using? I can only find cheap 8.5 x 11 and it is too thin so it bends and doesn't look professional.

Got it working as well: Levy4u_DieCut_zps960cffdd.jpg

Thats awesome! I never knew we could do that. I never thought Id need it but I can think of plenty of uses now. Bookmarking this!