jovial

Drill Seargent Badge

I'm looking for an Army drill seargent badge for a friend and all the ones I've found are too pixelated for me to vector cleanly. Just woundering if someone may have one in thier archive.

I can get you the official one, but it'll take time for the Pentagon to get back to me.

• Like 1

My father was a drill sergeant in paris island

Drill Instructor....   We Marines don't call 'em Drill Sergeants...  :)

Although they are the same thing, Marines get mad about being referred to as an Army name haha.

Oh yeah i did not type it right. The one thing is that he never brought it home.. He still has his drill instructor hat.

Although they are the same thing, Marines get mad about being referred to as an Army name haha.

They accomplish the same task yes, but in a VERY different manner....  as see here: 

Nothing but love for my Army brothers.  I'm a Marine however and my older bother is in the Army so I have to take jabs as often as I can.

Yeah all services take jabs at each other. Chairforce, Jarheads, Navy Seamen haha. It's all in the fun.

can someone take that gif and recreate it to eps?? I dont have the software to draw it in the multicolor.

I'm pretty sure that if you are making something for a veteran or serviceman that you are authorized to use the military logo's. I was reading up on that last year.  

<edit> WRONG INFORMATION. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that if you are making something for a veteran or serviceman that you are authorized to use the military logo's. I was reading up on that last year.  

This would be pretty cool if it was true.  I hope it is

I know there is something like that with the Marines logo. You can't promote it but if asked you can make it.

• Like 1

I WAS WRONG. They have a whole list of insignia that you have to get permission to use. Sounds like there is some controversy over whether their control is actually legal or not but it will end up being resolved in court. I guess I'll avoid a lawsuit. 

http://www.defense.gov/trademarks/

Yeah that's why I said I was told it's trademarked and couldn't share it.

• Like 1

I know there is something like that with the Marines logo. You can't promote it but if asked you can make it.

The air force logo is that way if an active, vet or family member of one asks you to make it's ok, but you still have to follow the rules of the logo, ie color and stand off boundry. But you can not advetise or pre make items with out the long application and marketing guidlines