Sal316

Printer for t-shirt transfers

I'm looking to take care of the random full color t-shirt jobs in-house. I do not currently plan on doing sublimation, although I am sure down the line it will happen. At that point I will just purchase a separate printer. Out of all the current printers available, what would be the best option?

Cobra is selling the WF-7110 with the pigment kit installed for $329. I don't mind paying a little more for the package together. Does anyone have any experience with this particular printer?

Thanks in advance.

Sal I just got me 2 Epson 30's one sublimation and Pigment Ink. Man I love the cobra Ink system and awesome INK. And be live me I have printed a lot in the last week and the tanks have hardly moved. I kinda wish I had got the 7110. But the 30 will work for now. Go for it 329.00 is a good price for a good system. Plus there support at Cobra is awesome.

Oh one other thing I had the w/f 30 and added my own kit from Cobra Ink. Very easy in fact it helped me learn how that thing works.

• Like 1

Got a 7510 and a 7520 one on bulk the other on refillable cartridges and I've been super happy with them. I set up the 7520 for transfers using 1 tray tor Jet pro and the other for 3g

• Like 3

I have a 7610 with carts. I had a 30 with tanks. The tanks were nice because they didn't need messed with as often but so far the carts are plug free which is a good thing and I attribute it to the carts being gently swished around during the printing process. Also the CobraInk profiles for the pigment ink are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Just had to shout that out. Perfect color match to what I was expecting. The WF30 they didn't really have profiles and just said it was pretty close but the 7610 I got profiles for and have loved them.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info everyone. I appreciate it. I will probably go with the 7110, as I don't need the all-in-one features.

Have any of you guys analyzed the cost per for your transfers with this method?

The jpss cost me less than 70 cents. Ink is pennies with aftermarket ink. The 3g is around a buck plus ink in I remember right.

• Like 1

The jpss cost me less than 70 cents. Ink is pennies with aftermarket ink. The 3g is around a buck plus ink in I remember right.

Besides Cobra, any suppliers you would recommend for ink/paper?

I buy my paper off ebay. Check seller world of papers and I've actually switched to inks from printpayless.com and it's seems to be top notch. All my customers have liked it.

• Like 1

I am currently purchasing transfers from a wholesaler and heat pressing them on and selling shirts that way...but looking to print my own transfers and be able to print custom designs... What kind of machine/printer would I need to do this...I currently have a cutter but wow it takes alot to cut, weed, and layer and I am limited to 3 layers so what can I get to make my life easier?

I have a question about all this and i know its a few months old ,But im gonna give it a shot. I see many different models of epson with cis tanks and which one would anyone suggest for doing Tshirt and regular die cut decals for vehicles etc  and if these will take a roll from the back, cause i seen someone  somewhere post about using a roll of vinyl from the rear but cant find the post or am i talking with my head up my A$% to soon lol... I am looking into a heat press but want to know all the info up front  about both of these im wanting to do. Ive seen and heard alot about using these smaller printers and people liking them when someone doesnt want to go buy a large printer.    Thank you in advance.

None of the Epson desktops are going to print on vinyl, at least not anything you'll want to use for vehicles.   There are sheets of aqueous printable vinyl available, but they do not hold up to outdoor exposure or use without lamination, and even then you'll be lucky to get an entire year of outdoor exposure.   If you're wanting to print on vinyl to make vehicle decals, you should talk to DakotaGrafx, he's got a vinyl printer for sale that he's marked down to only $5,000.  Of course you'll need a laminator to go with that, so budget another couple of thousand dollars, then another $1000-1500 to stock up on ink, vinyl and laminate and set aside several hundred to a thousand for replacement parts once something breaks.   There is a reason that not everyone is printing quality vinyl decals, and that reason is it's EXPENSIVE to get started...

Having said that, most of the Epson WorkForce series printers are suitable for printing t-shirt transfers.  Check with Cobra Ink to make sure refillable cartridges and/or a CISS kit are available for whichever model printer you are looking at.   I have a WFP-4020 that I use for doing letter size transfers, and a WF-7520 for printing up to 13"x19" transfers, both equipped with Cobra Ink refillable cartridges or a CISS kit.