Sign in to follow this  
PBR Allstar

Cutting issue with siser easyweed

So I'm having a little cutting issue with siser easyweed. As the rollers transfer the material I can see it bunch ever so slightly as it pushes the material towards the blade, this results in a tiny bit of slack when it changes direction. This is something I've noticed before, but it hasn't given me much issue until I went to cut this graphic that has some oval pinstripes around it. The oval is about 10" wide by 6" high and when it cuts I can't seem to get the lines parralel, they have a slight variation in thickness. I haven't goofed around with a ton of settings yet as I don't want to kill a bunch of material. The graphic cuts perfectly in vinyl so I know it's not the image. I might be trying something that just isn't possible with easyweed? Here's where I'm at right now:

MH-refine 24"

Sharp 45* blade.

300mm/s

50gram cut pressure

Blade depth seems good, I can barely see the outline on a piece of backing

post-5409-0-76740600-1418103480_thumb.jp

Lower the speed, lower the pressure, maybe adjust the positions of the rollers, maybe change the orientation of the cut i.e vertical as opposed to horizontal.

might also be to much blade.  I have come across that type of thing before when going from thick material back to the thin stuff.... I forgot to readjust my pressure and blade.... fix the problem for me!

have to agree on too much blade - on that material you can have way too much out and it will still only scratch the carrier as it is very tough to cut that carrier.  more blade more drag and slippage - along with other suggestions above about slow and pull slack

My old laserpoint had that issue in the end I had to replace my pinch rollers but for a quick fix I applied app. tape to the carrier of the siser (the clear part) and it provided enough bite that it didn't slip.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll try some of those suggestions this evening. Is there any benefit to a 60* blade with the easyweed? And how much speed should I drop?

Pinch rollers are okay, it's creation game little wave between the rollers and blade, not actually slipping the material.

So the concensus is that I should be able to cut this detail on easyweed and I'm not wasting my time?

Reduce the blade depth. Also the app tape I mentioned makes the material stiffer and less likely to bunch like that.

• Like 1