pshawny

Dumb Neighbors

Share your dumb neighbor stories here!

I heard a loud boom and just witnessed, out of my window, one of my neighbors shoveling snow onto his car engine to put out an engine fire. I'm guessing they sprayed too much ether in the throttle body trying to get it to start. Other people sure can make you feel smart sometimes :)

• Like 1

I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."

• Like 1

I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."

They could just put a tunnel under the road along with a new sign instructing the deer to use the tunnel.

Our next door neighbors filled the drainage ditch that leads to our retention pond to level their yard to build a giant deck, shed, and a sweet fire pit/beach? They used a lot of sand to level.... we live in upstate NY in the woods, So they made their own beach front because now everything floods when we get a lot of rain or sow melt.

• Like 1

Our next door neighbors filled the drainage ditch that leads to our retention pond to level their yard to build a giant deck, shed, and a sweet fire pit/beach? They used a lot of sand to level.... we live in upstate NY in the woods, So they made their own beach front because now everything floods when we get a lot of rain or sow melt.

we had one years ago fill the ditch across the drain culvert under the road - so now it floods the neighbors yard every time it rains/melts - I totally get it - the entire neightborhood was made so it all drains thru the ditches to the "part"  that is really the outlet for all that water.  made sense to cover it for their own needs even though it is in public right or way and affected others

My neighbor thought it was a good idea to get a goat.  Sure it was cute for about 5 minutes when it started running around.  Then it got comfortable near our house.  Then it started crapping thousands of pellets everywhere.   And then I heard a noise I will never forget.  It was the sound of my Jeep hood being crumbled under the damn goat hoofs.  If that wasn't bad enough, my first initial reaction was to yell at this goat.  Yep, like a deer on wet pavement as it ran for what seemed like five minutes on my hood.  Knock Knock, Mr. Neighbor.  We've got a problem.  As he's doubting what just happened, that dang goat jumped right between us and onto the hood.  He yelled like I did and since we were both standing so close, it jumped up on to the Jeep soft top roof.  It's not a new Jeep, but I did just buy it this Summer.  After the goat gets walked away, neighbor comes back and says that my own auto insurance should cover that damage.  Ah........no, my insurance won't, YOURS WILL.  Something needs done to keep this goat out of here.  At this point, it's just running loose.  The following day I hear the noise again.  I walk outside and there she is again standing on my soft top.  Still no pen for this goat.  My Jeep was acting up so I brought my car home.  Again, not new to me, but I bought it as a back up this Summer for a whopping $600.  Guy needed the money to pay his taxes.  But I put some goat blocking apparatuses in front of my bumper.  Not sure how she did it, but she did even more damage to the car hood, roof and trunk.  I got a high estimate of over $4,500 in repairs.  The total checks were less because their insurance company figured on repairing and not replacing anything.  But since I only paid $600 for the car, I figure we're good.  I am so hungry for goat jerkey and I seriously considered many options after dealing with it all.  The title of this thread is dumb neighbors.  The goat is still running loose with no pen of any kind.  

post-13201-0-36966400-1417938832_thumb.j

• Like 2

You own a gun? In sc I'm within my rights to shoot it if it's damaging property and although I've never ate it I heard goat is pretty good.

• Like 2

They Bbq everything in the south. Tastes better that way

• Like 1

We have a house by us that has a goat and 2 horses. I've driven by a couple times and seen the goat on the back of one of the horses. Not sure how he got up there.

• Like 2

Share your dumb neighbor stories here!

I heard a loud boom and just witnessed, out of my window, one of my neighbors shoveling snow onto his car engine to put out an engine fire. I'm guessing they sprayed too much ether in the throttle body trying to get it to start. Other people sure can make you feel smart sometimes :)

Most people i meet makes me feel smart even some college graduates.

I've met several doctors and lawyers that make me feel smart. I just hope they know their job a lot better than they seem to know anything else.

I like to know a little bit of everything, not everything about very little.