VinylRevamp

tracing help needed

Can some help me with this graphic. I cant seem to get it right. I would appreciate it!

Which ever one is easier to do.... I tried but wasn't coming out right

post-88212-0-63235700-1417720302_thumb.j

post-88212-0-74361000-1417720327_thumb.j

Yikes! Are you trying to get all the tiny details in the crown too? Tons of work by my methods. 

Assuming you're doing this for the school, you could try contacting them and see if they can give you a copy of the image to use.

Here is a rebuild of the main graphic minus the stuff you'd have trouble cutting. You can add whatever to it from here. I opted to leave out the plaque on the front. You can add that easy enough. Greatly simplified the crown work. Looks like some of the circles realigned themselves on the save. You may have to drag them around a bit. AI sometimes does this little favor for you. 

Viking Crest Seal.svg

post-20133-0-09765200-1417725595_thumb.j

Viking Crest Seal.eps

• Like 2

I use Adobe Illustrator. Some parts of that are reasonably complicated to reproduce. I'm not a fan of the easy button way of auto tracing. I prefer to make them clean so typically I will if possible. Inkscape can do everything I did here. I'm not very handy with Inkscape. I did the work at my day job on an old version (CS2) and missed my newer CS5 version bad. It's funny how you get spoiled with a system you are used to and even older versions seem clunky comparatively. 

• Like 1