Sign in to follow this  
ShowMeCleaning

Ink Jet tranfer paper

If your asking about with sub ink you can use Epson Matte photo paper from an office store. Too expensive to use exclusively but in a jam like when out of paper works good.

If asking about using inkjet paper with sub ink no it doesn't work. I put inkjet paper in my dye sub printer one day not paying attention, printed and pressed it. Didn't work.

If your asking about pigment ink wrong forum.

I just when ahead and order paper from Cobra Ink. Uscutter sells Joto transfer paper and I was asking if anyone had used that transfer paper with Epson printer? I seen things done with matted photo paper and they don't look good and don't last. That's my option but you know everyone has a option. 

wow - looks like you are mixing categories - the joto transfer paper is like jpss, etc for pigment inks not sublimation (Which we are assuming you are talking about in the sublimation section) - using anything except sublimation paper will not result in as good of a sublimation product so matte paper of any kind may transfer some of the ink gasses but I wouldn't expect it to work as good as paper made to release the ink gas.

I think the confusion came in not everyone reads the category to know what you are talking about and epson printers can be used with dye, pigment, or "heat transfer/sublimation" ink and the "transfer" makes you think of doing transfers like with the jpss/joto equivalent with pigment inks.   usually when we see questions or comments about sublimation it is just referred to sublimation paper as it is a specialty product.

hope this clears it up for everyone as it was/is clear as mud as to which we are talking about to me because if you are doing sublimation any ink you did get to "transfer" to a polyester product will not have a problem with "not lasting".  if you are sublimating to anything except a proper polyester product it will not adhere like you are describing.

Which ink are you using?
what are you printing to as in paper and final product?

• Like 1

in this thread you are talking about printing with a pigment printer and ordering a sublimation printer - and printing on cotton which sublimation doesn't do - so research didn't help to clear up the questions above at all

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/47219-epson-wf-30-pigment-ink/#entry378716

Ink type you are using?
what type of product you are printing to?

Never mind I think I got it figured out. But wanting to make mugs with Corba Ink dye sublimation system. I see now Joto doesn't make transfer paper for sublimation. Sorry to confuse everyone.

What sublimation Paper is used for coffee mugs?

any sublimation paper that fits in your printer - for my ricoh I like texprint-r but that is ricoh specific because they print much faster and prints will smear doing multiples with regular sublimation paper.  found that out by trying to go cheaper.  I can use the regular paper but have to remove it after each print so it has time to dry without the next sheet coming down and smearing it

• Like 1