vinylgraphicsfx

scal pro 3 not responding when clicking union

you have to give it time... it lags bad ..i get it once in awhile in mine. ihave scalp4 now and i havent had it happen yet . knock on wood lol

scalp4 is a major improvement especially with text arching . its like using Ai or photoshop now. 1000% better .. when did you get scalp3 with your cutter ? i got scalp4 free with serial from craftedge and i just found out they got the Ai plugin done and ready on their website,, awesome

You can only union 2 items so make sure if one item is more than I piece that it is grouped first.

Donn

• Like 1

Same here, well very slow to respond. I recently upgraded SCAL3 from v3.051 to v3.07. I have always thought the issue with slow to respond (or crashing) when doing things like shadow, union & preview (worse if previewing a welded design) had been caused by my old XP computer (Pent 4, 3.0GHz, 1g RAM) and it seems to be worse with the latest version. Also after v3.07 it takes a while to display the "cut preview and setting" pop-up after touching "cut with cutter" tab. And now add in the programs slow to launch (says "loading library") issue that was never present w/v3.51 for me.

I came on the forums today to look around at the computer system specs most are running for a "smooth/quick"  SCAL3 experience. And was going to purchase a "Happy Christmas to me" refurb Windows 7 64bit, 3.0GHz, 8g RAM tower to resolve these SCAL3 issues. But I see people like "PippinPhoto" state the same issues with better spec'ed machines then what I was going to upgrade to.

I am doing enough decals & designing on the side to warrant & justify a computer upgrade. But if it is not going to help these issues, what should I/we do?

EDIT. I feel it coming, who will be the first to say stop using SCAL and learn Ai or Inkscape. Maybe if these issues continue this is what will force me to abandon SCAL and find the time to learn a new design program.

I wouldn't say that about going to ai. I'm a corel draw user :) I tried scalp when they released it but when I hit enter and it didn't change lines I stopped trying to design in it.

I sent a message to uscutter requesting the 4 because of these issues but I haven't received an answer yet. Its kinda not fair to us that we have to pay to upgrade to 4 because of problems that we (users) cannot control.

It wasn't fair either that we paid for version 3!!! :huh::-[>:D:bear:

No way they'll get my money again for version 4...

• Like 1

you have to give it time... it lags bad ..i get it once in awhile in mine. ihave scalp4 now and i havent had it happen yet . knock on wood lol

Aloha

scal 3 is glitchy and more so after the update. it seems your saying that scal4 resolves this issue.

I dont mind the small stuff but if this gets any worse Ill expect the software co. to fix it and not just

try to sell me the new version

Same here, well very slow to respond. I recently upgraded SCAL3 from v3.051 to v3.07. I have always thought the issue with slow to respond (or crashing) when doing things like shadow, union & preview (worse if previewing a welded design) had been caused by my old XP computer (Pent 4, 3.0GHz, 1g RAM) and it seems to be worse with the latest version. Also after v3.07 it takes a while to display the "cut preview and setting" pop-up after touching "cut with cutter" tab. And now add in the programs slow to launch (says "loading library") issue that was never present w/v3.51 for me.

I came on the forums today to look around at the computer system specs most are running for a "smooth/quick"  SCAL3 experience. And was going to purchase a "Happy Christmas to me" refurb Windows 7 64bit, 3.0GHz, 8g RAM tower to resolve these SCAL3 issues. But I see people like "PippinPhoto" state the same issues with better spec'ed machines then what I was going to upgrade to.

I am doing enough decals & designing on the side to warrant & justify a computer upgrade. But if it is not going to help these issues, what should I/we do?

EDIT. I feel it coming, who will be the first to say stop using SCAL and learn Ai or Inkscape. Maybe if these issues continue this is what will force me to abandon SCAL and find the time to learn a new design program.

Aloha

I agree with you, I am becoming proficient with inkscape, and after sending regular donations to them, ive noticed that i get some real help

when i need it.

tis the season for giving.

I'm an AI guy so I have to keep my mouth shut most of the time but Inkscape is a pretty good program (I'm not handy with it so don't be expecting help from yours truly) and is totally free. IMHO if you are just getting started and learning the vector art in's and out's I would recommend investing my time in a more substantial program like Inkscape, AI, or even Corel (LOL Jay). No matter what program you end up using it will take a decent time investment to become proficient and you will be better off in the long run learning a true design program. SCALP seems to be a decent CUTTING program so you still need an interface that will take your designs to your cutter and that can work just fine. When I bought my first cutter it only came with a year subscription to SignCut Pro and you had to do your designs elsewhere anyway. I guess for a pure hobby use SCALP would get it done but I have a hard time with them calling it a PRO software. (And yes I bought and tried out SCALP3 when it first appeared so I have a little background to know what's up. 

• Like 1

I guess for a pure hobby use SCALP would get it done

And that is squarely where I am (well maybe a advanced hobbyist) But all this time I thought it was my hardware issue.

So has anyone made a hardware change that improved these issues or is SCAL3 just "clunky" software regardless of the performance of the machine running it.

You have to contact craftedge thru email about the issue with scalp3 and complain to them about the lag etc. thats what i did and i got scalp4 for free since i just got all my setup a month ago

SCALP3 starting having issues, at least for me, once they launched SCALP4. You can read between the lines if you want. Kinda shady if you asked me. I will not give them a dime for the upgrade.

• Like 1

As a rule of thumb I always keep a backup copy of the previous version.

I have Scalp 3 and 4  updated to recent version and havent had any issues unless i make a mistake when i select something incorrect etc.. hmmm