MoZo

Where would you be on price?

I been getting more and more business contacting me about store front Windows I think my pricing needs a little work yet so I want to see if I would be in the ballpark of some of you

For pricing I been using a program that was posted on the forum.

Thanks for your opinions

OK first

96"x18" white solid w/ a red logo and text at about 90"x16" logo is a hammer and 4 words

2nd 1

72"x18" white solid w/ same as above measuring 70"x16"

Weeding is easy

Considering driving to customer, cleaning and actual install, $25 per piece. I use the length X width /2 method as a general rule of thumb. If it's more time consuming on weeding, etc, then I'll add more to this.  If it's a design I can whip out fairly quick I usually don't charge an artwork fee. 

Overall prices vary by region though.

I was little higher

1- $160

2- $120

But again I was using the program so I don't think it adds install, seems to work good with smaller orders

I used to get caught up in calculations and it can become very tedious and time consuming. If the job is local and it's pretty straight forward I charge a flat $11 per sq ft for 651 window installs. $13 sq ft for multiple colors/stacks. Cleaning/scraping is a minimum of $50, travel is based on distance/traffic/time. Scaffolding/permits/difficulty acessing, another set of hands required, etc. is additional.

Npace yes I hate this part of it that's way I liked the program I was using lol put the L & W in and it does the rest. But the price it was giving me for this job just seemed high since I'm not real sure what other ppl charge.

$160+$120+$30/hr

Oh yeah I will be needing extra hands so will have to pay them.

• Like 1

I have used signcrafts pricing guide for signs and lettering but always seems a little high to me so i mostly use it for a reference to make sure i am somewhere in the ballpark.

I see a black hammer logo, red text and blue scrolls. Granted the blue scrolls can be cut stacked with each other and separated for install to save material, but then you add install time. Was it installed inside with graphics mirrored? Adds to install time. I'm not sure $150 would've covered that. LOL

Yea I think I did under charge him, it was a pain with it being 30° out heated the window and still took forever to be able to remove tape I did do a wet install, but good learning experience and now he wants the other 2 done on the other side the same way just switched and then the bottom 4, got to jobs when I was there and he also let me put my logo in the one corner :)

I used to get caught up in calculations and it can become very tedious and time consuming. If the job is local and it's pretty straight forward I charge a flat $11 per sq ft for 651 window installs. $13 sq ft for multiple colors/stacks. Cleaning/scraping is a minimum of $50, travel is based on distance/traffic/time. Scaffolding/permits/difficulty acessing, another set of hands required, etc. is additional.

How would you quote a 5 color 36" x 36" target where the outer ring is blue, then 1 ring in is yellow, etc etc until the red bulls eye? What if it was just 2 colors, same pricing? The vinyl sq ft would be the same, just swapping out multiple colors instead of alternating. Just wondering, thanks!

@ $13 sq ft --- 3 x 3 = 9 ...$117?

Each layer get its own calculation..... if the outer ring is 36"X36", then it's $36 (although the weeding is as simple as it gets, therefore you wouldn't need to charge as much). And if you make the second ring say 30X30, then it is $30. Then 24X24 is $24..... but keep in mind the easy weeding factor, and you also have to figure in registration marks using more area...

I'd be in the 150 range depending on travel time. Nice lookin work