VinylRevamp

blade cut ?

heck I got a box cutter that will go over 1"

seriously depends on the blade used and what cutter you are using

That would be 150 mil. Most materials for cutting are in the 1-30 mil range. What type of material is it? You might need to look into laser or waterjet cutting.

• Like 1

first lets go back to what material you are cutting - is the thickness .15in  150 mil, - what is it made of - there has not been enough info about the material to even give a good guess.  if it is 150 mil or .15" I don't think even a titan with twice the downforce of your cutter will cut it. now with that I am again assuming we are talking resist - more info needed

Sorry.....I meant can I cut a design thats .150in small? Just realised the way I asked the original question meant something totally different.

Im using oracal 651

ahhh - thats another thing altogether - I think that is asking a lot of any cutter - have done it with a servo motor graphtec with 60 degree cleancut blade but 2 things come to mind - you are working with a stepper motor cutter.  not saying it isn't possible with a LOT of tweaking but will be difficult.  second is even when you do cut it and saying you can weed it there probably won't be enough adhesive on the vinyl to reliably hold it on anything over time.  Just my thoughts

• Like 1

Will try it later this week. Im doing a little project with canvas. Vinyl wont be on there long. Just using it as a stencil.

I haven't pushed my cutter to see whats the smallest possible cut. I guess now is a good time to try.

That's asking a lot, even from a top of the line cutter. Even if it could cut it, you still have to be able to weed it, apply it to something, etc.

• Like 1

For fun I did some graphics for a friend for his son's pinewood derby car. My graphtec was able to cut them and I was able to weed them, but it was finicky and time consuming. Some of the logos we did were in your size range. Things got a little dicey on some of the real fine detail stuff, but we managed to work it out. It was a lot of screwing around I wouldn't want on a paying job, but for a couple of guys to do it on a rainy sunday over beers, it wasn't bad. If I was charging someone for that job, it would have cost far more than anyone would pay to do pinewood derby graphics.