Moody Blue

Matte Black Reflective

Has anybody seen or used matte black reflective? Where is a good place to find this? My search only comes up with amazon and ebay...I am really picky about ordering material from there. Sometimes it's not what it is listed as...may be "tagged" matte reflective when in reality it isn't, or its some cheap crap that I have never heard of before. 

First thing I thought was "WTH"

Is it even posably to have a non shiny material reflect?

Sounds like an oxymoron to me. 

I've seen it on some Ford Mustangs, so it does exist. No idea where to buy it though and I doubt Ford will tell you where they got it from.

• Like 1

Ive used matte metallic vinyl plenty of times. Not sure if that's what you are going for. This sled is matte metallic purple from avery.

post-88606-0-79887700-1417555917_thumb.j

Ive used matte metallic vinyl plenty of times. Not sure if that's what you are going for. This sled is matte metallic purple from avery.

I've used that for wraps before but I saw a guy using actual matte reflective. So crazy looking I would like to find where to buy. I'll find some pics from the customer.

Hard to tell from the daytime pic but it is matte I have seen a few other pics of this truck before.

post-84967-0-41359200-1417560715_thumb.j

post-84967-0-77751500-1417560725_thumb.j

Should work fine just like using transparent colors over white reflective. It s changes the color but still stays reflective

curious and watching as what I read at least 3m does not recommend laminating their reflective material - 

I've plenty of print on reflective and would have assumed they were laminated especially with the cop cars, ambulances, etc. and the rough service the go through.

I use lots of black reflective 5600.   Looks just like your pictures but it's not a matte finish.

Alot depends on the angle you look at it.  

Settled for the regular reflective. Looks like glossy black in daylight. The decals are going on the rocker panel of this matte red truck I wrapped so it will stand out nice.

post-84967-0-45214100-1420519021_thumb.j

post-84967-0-23308900-1420519077_thumb.j

• Like 1

That purple is badass!

Settled for the regular reflective. Looks like glossy black in daylight. The decals are going on the rocker panel of this matte red truck I wrapped so it will stand out nice.

What vinyl did you use?

What vinyl did you use?

I used the black MAClite 5700 Series. Worked well for what I needed but just with any reflective it is extremely thick.

• Like 1