Sign in to follow this  
JessXEmoji

Can anyone tell me whats causing this problem with the shirts?

well there is your problem - chinese knock offs - next time order Gildan

lol thats what i meant to type. im tired. always.

Just threw another batch in the dryer for 15 mins on high heat and it shrunk them also.  Looks like this is the way i'm going to go from now on. soon as I get some in they are going in the dryer.  rather shrink them myself before pressing than have anymore issues. 

• Like 1

you did pre press them before applying the eazyweed to remove moisture right?  seams like any shrinkage would have happened then too

you did pre press them before applying the eazyweed to remove moisture right?  seams like any shrinkage would have happened then too

yeah i been doing that from day one. I actually tested that also. I pressed for 10 seconds and compared the size to a un pressed shirt and nothing changed in terms of size.  But drying them is shrinking them a 1/2 inch or so which may solve the problem.  like i said lettered tees are ok but tees where the vinyl graphics is bigger than 4x4" you can tell some shrinkage is going on. My wife said they look fine to her and that im being too picky.lol

I avoid creating HTV-bound graphics with large areas of vinyl coverage. Makes for a plastic feeling garment.

So no other pics?

• Like 2

jay there is an adjustment under the black cover for that - had to do it on my latest one!  small potentiometer - you can make it dead on

Until I get a better IR gun I might just make it worse. Only reason I found out is after I scorched a dye sub shirt.

I hate working with washed shirts personally. They get out of sorts and I spend more time trying to get them to lay straight than I do pressing them. There is definitely a shrink factor especially on 100% cotton but some of it happens during the press cycle no matter what you do. You will notice that if you are doing two color pieces if you don't get the second color on there pretty quick the shirts will contract a bit and it can be more complicated to line up sensitive graphics. I have a client who has split lettering in part of his name with the top half being colored different than the bottom.  I don't think there is a one perfect solution to the heat issue. I have only rarely had it be a problem and never one that I have had anyone come back wanting their shirt re-built. I offer full warranty and have occasionally gotten something on crooked and somehow missed it and had to re-build a few of those. 

• Like 2

Lablover I dont wash the shirts. Ive just dry them on high for 8-12 minutes shrinks my shirts the same amount as washing and drying them 3 times. So i see no reason to fully wash and dry. Test some yourself and youll see the shrinkage compared to a new one.

Plus by not washing them they still lay pretty straight like they came.

Now when customers wash them it will shrink little to none and the vinyl should look good. Im going to test this tonight.

• Like 1

Also lablover. Pre shrunk shirts do shrink. Ive tested and confirmed it. Not sure why they call them pre shrunk unless its a sales trick.

• Like 1

Also lablover. Pre shrunk shirts do shrink. Ive tested and confirmed it. Not sure why they call them pre shrunk unless its a sales trick.

Might be because a typical clothes dryer doesn't get hot enough to cause further shrinking as a heat press  does. :unsure: My guess anyway.