Hummer

What graphic/image comes to mind when you hear the word "alternative"?

I am trying to revamp my logo and I am having a blonde moment.  What graphic or image comes to mind when you hear the word, "alternative"?  Thanks to all in advance...

For me it sounds like plan b. The second choice but in context it may be different

It's been extensively associated with 'gay'  (homosexual)  over the past decade or so....

• Like 1

I would go with what jaybird said. For me it sounds like another option....but no image comes to mind as of right now with that word.

OMG...I had no idea that the word "alternative" in my logo would have that type of connotation.  My business name is Alternative dSigns, and the tag line is Create A Sensation.  Not only do I create (or try to) signage out of vinyl, I also do canvas work, boat tops, etc.  My thinking when chosing a business name was giving the client new and different (alternative) ideas for their projects.  I have created a logo, but I haven't ever been really satisfied with it.  Pretty plain.  I kinda like my business name, but I am drawing a blank on how to make it look better.

Thanks for the comments...

Thisa way, or thata way.

The following directionals are found within the SignBlazer Library (Draw menu) -- Symbols/Arrows.

post-21408-0-71690700-1417403146_thumb.j

Looks good to me. If you want something different maybe change up the font a little bit or something. Less is more.

Thanks again to all...will play around with it.  It seems so much more difficult to create for yourself than some one else.