Sign in to follow this  
JonnnScott

Snow Mobile wrap

Just finished up a small snowmobile wrap for a friend. It was originally blue, and she wanted something more girly. Material used was avery matte purple metallic and 3m 1080 carbon fiber. The hand guards where done with knife less tape. The seat is now all black and A-arms are white. Also cut a few stars to go with it with oracal 651 matte black and white.

(Yes I know around the gas cap is messed up, they had a major gas spill and it reacted with the wrap..I tried just about everything to get it to stay down and only relief cuts helped)

post-88606-0-97386800-1417143552_thumb.j

post-88606-0-04933200-1417143554_thumb.j

post-88606-0-99130500-1417143554_thumb.j

post-88606-0-48763700-1417143555_thumb.j

post-88606-0-98871600-1417143555_thumb.j

post-88606-0-53165500-1417143556_thumb.j

post-88606-0-92562900-1417143557_thumb.j

looks good and don't worry about the small stuff - it will all get covered by snow dusting from the ski doo's leading the way as it tries to catch up LOL

looks good and don't worry about the small stuff - it will all get covered by snow dusting from the ski doo's leading the way as it tries to catch up LOL

lol The whole time I was wrapping it I was making yamaha jokes, Im an arctic cat rider myself so its a giant joke fest when we are all together.

• Like 1

that looks really nice! i love the carbon fiber with the matte purple metallic, great combination!

man, I have always wanted a snowmobile! (for real)  However, living here, I just can't justify it......

man, I have always wanted a snowmobile! (for real)  However, living here, I just can't justify it......

oh you can do it - think of all that traction area for a good bite - get the power to the ground efficiently! 

• Like 2

I work seasonal labor so all summer I work and all winter I get to play. So having a sled in upstate NY is a must when you have nothing better to do for the winter months.

• Like 2

I work seasonal labor so all summer I work and all winter I get to play. So having a sled in upstate NY is a must when you have nothing better to do for the winter months.

I preferred hanging out in the shop by the woodstove consuming numerous adult beverages. Warmer that way.

• Like 2

That's why we have a 4 place enclosed trailer with heater installed. Its more of a drive someplace unload the sleds and drink while talking about riding.

• Like 1

I grew up 45 minutes from you in Gloversville/Johnstown area. Got a cold chill just thinking about it.

• Like 1

Wow that looks really good.  Has anybody here ever done a motorcycle?  I'm thinking about maybe doing one of mine.  What tools are required to make the job better?

Wow that looks really good.  Has anybody here ever done a motorcycle?  I'm thinking about maybe doing one of mine.  What tools are required to make the job better?

I have done motorcycles, four wheelers, cars, trucks, side by sides ect. A heat gun, felt edge squeegees, sharp razor along with plenty of time and patience. Doing complex curves like tanks and fenders can be difficult to a first timer. Just watch some youtube videos on wrap techniques and take your time. Order plenty of material and plan on messing up a few times and having to start over. Worse thing you can do is get upset and give up.

Also some tools that are nice but not needed are 3m Primer 94 (adhesive promoter), digital thermometer, knifeless tape, and a helper. 

I have done motorcycles, four wheelers, cars, trucks, side by sides ect. A heat gun, felt edge squeegees, sharp razor along with plenty of time and patience. Doing complex curves like tanks and fenders can be difficult to a first timer. Just watch some youtube videos on wrap techniques and take your time. Order plenty of material and plan on messing up a few times and having to start over. Worse thing you can do is get upset and give up.

Also some tools that are nice but not needed are 3m Primer 94 (adhesive promoter), digital thermometer, knifeless tape, and a helper. 

Thanks for the info, i'm going to give it a go.  I plan on doing the bike that's in my picture, What's the digital thermometer for?  I'm going to check out youtube then try to figure out the best place to order material from, I'll more than likely go with a matte finish.  Thanks again.

Thanks for the info, i'm going to give it a go.  I plan on doing the bike that's in my picture, What's the digital thermometer for?  I'm going to check out youtube then try to figure out the best place to order material from, I'll more than likely go with a matte finish.  Thanks again.

I use the thermometer to measure the temperature of the wrap while im doing it. I always post heat the areas that I do to at least 180 degrees. It "resets" the memory of the vinyl and makes sure it stays in its current position.