kenimes

Anybody tried cutting stencil board?

Had a few potential customers ask about this type of material and I have no idea.   :dontknow:

Any input would be greatly appreciated. ;D

Ken

I finally had the chance to cut some stencil board. I used one scrap piece as backing, and the top piece was clean and good, taped them together with masking tape, and cut with a 60degree blade with almost max downforce. I was able to cut out letters down to about 1" in size with ease.

I tried that same thing for some scrapbooking stuff for my mom but it wouldnt go all the way through, even at full force :)

WAyne

I tried that same thing for some scrapbooking stuff for my mom but it wouldnt go all the way through, even at full force ;)

WAyne

Did you try sticking the blade out of the blade holder further? Were you using a 60degree blade?

I tried that same thing for some scrapbooking stuff for my mom but it wouldnt go all the way through, even at full force :thumbsup:

WAyne

I'm kind of new to the cutter/plotter scene, but would this sort of stuff wear out the machine or cause any sort of damage?

anytime you increase the cutting force, you will increase wear and shorten the lifespan of your machine.

bb

Guest debogus

I have just figured out how to make stencils :thumbsup:

Used clear inkjet film, spray glued to a sheet of mylar

Had to do multiple passes because at higher preasures it was knocking the film off.

Then just to see ,did regular paper ( good enough to use a couple of  times)

Cool to make stencils from different fonts instead of just "stencil fonts"

I finally had the chance to cut some stencil board. I used one scrap piece as backing, and the top piece was clean and good, taped them together with masking tape, and cut with a 60degree blade with almost max downforce. I was able to cut out letters down to about 1" in size with ease.

Could you post some pics for us visually challenged folks?  ;D

:huh: