Sign in to follow this  
Go-C Graphics

I need some printer help guys.

I've got an old (6+ years) epson printer that's been giving me alot of problems.   I have to run nozzle cleanings everytime I want to use it which pretty much means everyday.  

I'm currently using refillable 69 ink cartridges from cobra ink. 

Well I'm thinking its just time to replace it but I'm not sure what to get. 

It's main use will be to print invoices and for the gf's school work.  I have done a few shirt transfers and hope to maybe do more in the future so a wider format might be nice.  

I don't think I use it enough to get a full CIS system but I am looking to get refillable ink cartidges again.  

What do you guys think I should get?   

Any advice?

I'm selling my epson 7520 for $100 plus shipping. It comes with refillable carts and ink from print pay less if your interested. Send me a PM and I can estimate shipping for you.

I had put that I didn't want to ship it because I don't have the original box but it seems it might be a hard sell for anyone local so I'm open to shipping it.

Epson 7610 if you're looking for a large format all-in-one or, 7110 for just the printer, seems a good option.

Yeah, I looked at that, Jarotto. My son's in Clyde/Waynesville and I thought about having him pick it up.

• Like 1

Haha that's awesome. We go to Waynesville all the time since it's so close. There are many more stores than in Sylva.

Yup I didn't want to ship the epson because it's so large! But I found a pretty beefy box from a home theater system we bought that will work perfect for it.

• Like 1

I've got an old (6+ years) epson printer that's been giving me alot of problems.   I have to run nozzle cleanings everytime I want to use it which pretty much means everyday.  

I'm currently using refillable 69 ink cartridges from cobra ink. 

Any advice?

I won't discourage you from buying another printer, but it could be that your current one just needs a good cleaning.  Contact CobraInk about getting some of their cleaning fluid and they should be able to walk you through giving it a thorough cleaning.   May save you some money.

My WFP-4020 is my main workhorse and I print on it nearly every day and never have to do nozzle checks or head cleanings with it.  It's only the other two Epsons that don't get used every day that I worry about test pages and/or nozzle checks.

I'm selling my epson 7520 for $100 plus shipping. It comes with refillable carts and ink from print pay less if your interested. Send me a PM and I can estimate shipping for you.

I had put that I didn't want to ship it because I don't have the original box but it seems it might be a hard sell for anyone local so I'm open to shipping it.

Thanks for the offer and I'm sure it'll be a great buy for someone but I tend to lean toward buying all my electronics new.  

It's just something I've always done ever sense I use to buy used car audio equipment.  

Laser printer the only way to go.

mark-s

That would be nice if they won't so expensive.  

Thanks for the offer and I'm sure it'll be a great buy for someone but I tend to lean toward buying all my electronics new.  

It's just something I've always done ever sense I use to buy used car audio equipment.  

That would be nice if they won't so expensive.  

I have an HP LaserJet 4 - from way back in the day before HP started making disposable printers...   I advance ordered it and picked it up the first day it was available in retail stores - I want to say that was 1992, but I wouldn't swear to it - but plus/minus a couple of years...  I upgraded the RAM in it, added a Postscript chip to it and eventually added the JetDirect ethernet card to the back.  That thing still works to this day, even though I don't actually use it for anything any more.

I had to replace the exit feed roller gears once, but that was a known weakness with that series - the parts cost <$25 to fix it.

They just don't make printers like that any more...

• Like 1

All I can say is I am regretted buying my two WF 1100's a few years ago.  They are ready to be retired.  The biggest problem is if you let them set for 3-5 days and print nothing, they clog.  They suck barrels of ink unclogging.  One of them is in a semi perm clogged state now.  I've tried a couple different brands of ink cartridges filled with cleaning fluid to no happy ending.  Now I got a syringe system I am going to try.

If they are unclogged, one is great for what I mostly do, print 13x19 drafts of what I plan to cut on vinyl.  The other I try to run sublimation ink through it and it is a clogarama.  I also don't have a way to scan tabloid size items now.  Some of the newer all in one's can scan tabloid.  My whole sublimation experience has left me disillusioned. 

So maybe be wary of letting your 7520 sit too long idle.  Pump stuff through it.

I am looking at eco solvent solution now, it is just a whole other ball park as a far as finance.  Plus, I remember the SoloJet I used to use would clog too if it sat too long, though it rarely sat idle.  The repair costs for such inattention are crazy, $700-900 print heads are fun.  Still I would like an inkjet on hand that could print my drafts and scan tabloid.  

I have read a lot about the various Work Force printers, but not as much is available about the brother business smart ones.  They can print tabloid and beyond and have tabloid size scanners.  Post back down the road at let us know how your 7520 works out. 

I run a 7510 (1 leas paper tray) that I bought earlier in the year to print shirt transfers and so far no clogs but it gets used almost daily.

I run a 7510 (1 leas paper tray) that I bought earlier in the year to print shirt transfers and so far no clogs but it gets used almost daily.

Yea,  I'm always printing invoices, And if I'm not printing on it my gf is for school.