Sign in to follow this  
brandileighe

Adobe Illustrator and Titan **New to this and needs help**

Hi.  Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

I have purchased a Titan.  I have installed it to my computer.  I also have Adobe Illustrator.  I am trying to send my page over to my cutter and for some reason it is not recognizing the cutter as a printer.  I am sure that there is a setting off or a missing plug-in.  I have been trying to resolve this for a few hours.  Could someone send me in the right direction and give me some pointers?

Thanks again!

-Intimidated by my machine.

Yeah your cutter does not function like a printer. You must use a secondary program for cutting. Sure cuts a lot will work and there are other options but they cost money. 

• Like 1

Sure cuts is a crappy design program (IMO) but as a cutting tool seems to do ok. I had an early beta version but no longer have it so I will be less helpful with using it. Can certainly help with AI if you are having trouble though. Don't be intimidated by the cutter. They do have a learning curve but once you get it down they are addictive and tons of fun. You have joined by far the best forum for new users. There are a lot of previous posts so do a little searching and you can find most answers. 

pretty sure when I had the titan I cut from illy and corel directly with the drivers that came with the cutter   - call support - this is not like the value cutters and has a true usb - not emulated - I know I was cutting directly with it.