lablover

What size rolls

What size rolls do you find you use the most.  Largest I can go is 24"  I've been ordering 15" rolls.  Not sure I'm doing myself a dis service?

I keep 15" in the 50 yard rolls, and 10 yard rolls of the 24" in the basic colors. Special order what I don't have in 10 yard rolls...normally have what everyone wants

• Like 1

What size you need in stock pretty much depends on what your niche' is... Because I do large graphics. mostly in 2's at a time.   I have all in 50 yds,  24" as well as 30"   about 30+ colors.. Plus I keep 15" x 50 yd White, Black, and Silver.

Yea, I don't have a set size I've been cutting more of than another.  I will say that ordering 50 yard rolls is a bit cheaper than getting 10 yard rolls.  I found I went thru the one roll of 15"x10yard roll of white pretty fast.

I think my next order of white is gonna be 50 yards.  Im just debating 15 or 24 inches

24" all the way. Why limit yourself to 15" when your cutter can do wider? You'll use a lot of white 651 and black 631. Those I buy in 50 yard rolls. All other colors I get in 10 yard rolls. You typically get a 50 yard roll for the same price as four 10 yard rolls.

• Like 2

All 50 yarders, all the way! I use 24" and haven't needed (or wanted) to go bigger).

Make sure you develop a good way to store/organize your remnants, too. I don't know how many yards of vinyl I've "doubled or tripled" my profit on because I was able to use pieces from a previous job. If it's not fast/easy to find, it's not worth keeping. I keep a small pile of strips that are 4-5" wide ( I don't keep anything smaller), and then have a place for mid-size pieces stacked in color order (A3-A4 sizes) and then a rack for larger pieces (18" wide, with some pieces as long as 40").  Remnants can get overwhelming quick, and I start tossing stuff when I know I can't get it sorted. 

• Like 1