Sign in to follow this  
harleytuner

New at HTV, couple ?'s

OK, so I ordered a heat press so I can make shirts for my shop.  My logo is 2 color. 

1'st?  Do I apply each layer to the shirts separate or can I put them together then apply like I would a decal?

2nd? Is there a special application tape I use after weeding?  Or is the same medium tack stuff I use for vinyl sufficient? 

3rd? Where is the best place to buy the parchment paper? lol  Hobby type shop?

Here's my logo, any advice on the best technique to get this on a shirt would be greatly appreciated.

post-27582-0-56315600-1416760918_thumb.j

NO app tape needed. The carrier it comes on acts as the tape. Best to last one color and press for 3-5 seconds then peel the carrier and apply the second color pressing for the full time. Parchment paper can be had at any grocery store but I get mine from Dollar Tree stores when I happen to get to town. As fas advice just remember anything done in HTV has to be cut in reverse.

• Like 3

Thanks so much for the info, i'll order the teflon sheets and pick up some parchment paper as well, so I have something to use while i'm waiting for the teflon.  I really appreciate the info. 

Um, I get hundreds of presses out of my cheap parchment paper too. Just be careful with it. I use a teflon to give some HTV a little bit of texture look but still press primarily with the parchment paper. Lighter and less likely to accidentally drag my design out of alignment and you can see through it for that last second view before the press. The Teflon can get wrinkled over time too and these will show up in some HTV work.