suz1234

Trade Show advice - Do I need another cutter?

Recently laid off my job, so am considering doing some trade shows.  Need help deciding on whether to purchase another small table top cutter like a Sillouette Cameo.  Found one on ebay from USCutter but can't find it in the online store. 

I currently own a Roland GX-24 but really don't want to pack it to a show and thought having a smaller one would be handy to take.  Several questions:

I want to also use it to be able to cut small scraps from larger projects that won't go through the Roland.  Is this possible?

What brand of cutter is the best for a table top?

Any other advice would be appreciated...

Thanks

Suzanne

Cameo is a nice machine, I have one along with my Uscutter SC. The Cameo has a mat so can cut small scraps that do not fit between the rollers. Looking at the Titan3 15" if money was not an issue would be another option

• Like 1

How small scraps can the Titan and the Cameo cut?  Also, ease of use and simple to learn...

Not sure on Titan3, cameo is super simple, it has it's own software or can use scalp, Smallest I have done is a 2" wide piece on the cameo. I also upgraded my blade holder from the stock plastic to a metal graphtec db9 with replacable blades

• Like 1

I want to also use it to be able to cut small scraps from larger projects that won't go through the Roland. 

I can see why you don't want to take the Roland to shows... But why can't you cut smaller scraps?  Your Roland specs go down to 2" wide material can be cut.  Your pinch rollers move,, so you can cut smaller scraps. And anything smaller can go on a carrier sheet.

A few years back I had to teach a Roland owner (of 7 years), how to run his machine, because he didn't want to read his user manual. I don't own a Roland, I just read the user manual.  I asked him the same question, why can't you cut smaller scraps?  He bought another machine also, just to cut scraps.  Oh,  He didn't know the pinch rollers moved.. :rolleyes:   There may be a set screw to loosen, but they do move.

• Like 4