frizz6907

Vinyl swatches for etsy or web pages

I want to make a file to show all color choices for my adhesive vinyl. I carry more than just oracal and I don't have all the the colors oracal carries, so I can't just use their generic color list. I've seen lots of them made. How are they done?

I've attached an example below.

Thanks!!

post-86813-0-02340900-1416612093_thumb.j

A lot of the soft wares, like Flexi products and I'm sure others, have the real color libraries from the vinyl vendors already in them.   So you can open up your layout screen  make an image and fill with that exact Oracal color.  Or 3M, many others     We made boxes  and filled each color with the Oracal color from the software.   Then wrote the names under them.  Seeing as how it is a vector,  You can move things around to stay in proportion  Some color names are longer and need more space.   You just copy from the layout screen and paste into your ad..

• Like 1

I use Sure Cuts A Lot 3 pro. I don't know of it having that. Would there be another way for me to get the color library like you're talking about? Thanks so much for your help.

Here is what I am explaining.. I have Flexistarter.  So as an example from my color library  I am choosing  Oracal 651 and it shows those colors,  Then I can add them to my swatch table. to use for designs,. ..   I don't know about other softwares. post-3058-0-97884400-1416613405_thumb.jp

If you actually have the colors at your workplace you can just match them up with whatever you use to display them. I would add a caveat in your description indemnifying your responsibility to match any colors you post exactly. Everyones monitors show colors slightly different and someone might be upset if you show a color but it doesn't come that shade exactly. 

• Like 1