sdgirl

SBE problems.

Hi Everyone. I have been reading thru all the posts to see if any match mine and haven't found anything yet. First off awhile back I went to click on my SB icon on my desktop and a window popped up saying that the "SB.exe that is this shortcut refers to has been changed r moved and it won't work properly. The only way I can now open SBE is going to the program files and clicking on sbfiles and picking the file I want. No biggy there I figure out that much. Now here is my next issues. I have 2 cutters. Vinylepress r series and the mh721 that I use. Lately it seems that when I send my file to cut that it starts off and then freezes and doesn't finish. It seems like I have to reboot my sb and my cutter to hopefully correct this. My big issue right now is that I send my file to cut and it just stays in that window and not sending it to my cutter. It doesn't matter which cutter it is either. I have tried different usb ports etc. I actually have another laptop that I just downloaded the SBE program that I got from UScutter when I purchased my machine. It also gives me the same message about the desktop icon? I tried to download the update off of here but none are working. Now I go into the program go to cut and it is still just thinking? I actually got it to cut one time and it froze in mid cut. I am assuming that is because I have the original version? I have an order to fill and this is getting a bit frustrating so any help would be appreciated. I have been cutting off the other laptop and SBE program for years with these same cutters. I am not sure what is happening when nothing has changed?

Thanks,

Christi

You could uninstall it all and reinstall the program..  You have nothing to lose at this point  Plus always better to have a value cutter on a serial connection  No serial connection, then a Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin is recommended by tech support.. This time of year,  a lot of static in the air also.

You can find it here..under downloads,  It is FREE unlimited trial and there are no updates..  

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads.php

Thanks I uninstalled and reinstalled sbe from to link you sent. On the laptop I did today. I don't have one of the cables you suggest. Where would I be able to find one? Now that I am in the sb that I just downloaded when I goto cutter it isn't showing any of the refines? Actually the list has a lot more cutters than the other sbe I am use too.

You can purchase the Keyspan Adapter on Uscutter  or the big auction sites.   Yes, this version is the all cutter version,  You could try Redsail ,   PNC1000 which is a generic driver.   That Vinyl EXPRESS R is a Red Sail anyway. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keyspan-by-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Hi-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-PC-MAC-supports-Ci-/360859667545?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5404e98c59

Thank you. Do you think this is my problem? When I use the usb option and it is just freezing up in the sending to my cutter stage if I unplug the cord I get the warning that can not open the output device error. Otherwise it would just sit there all day long. This is happening on both my laptops so I know it isn't the computers and if it is happening to both the cutters I am confused.

Usually when you get "can not open the output device error"  The Com port number in the computer device manager and Signblazer do not match any longer.  Make sure the numbers match.

It only does that when I send it to cut and nothing happens so I unplug the cable. Does both of these units work on vista and windows 7? I used the cutters yesterday and my mh721 worked for one decal than after that this issue started. The vinylexpress r series started cutting and stopped in mid cutting and wouldn't start back up again and today neither well cut or work. I am hoping that if I do order one of these units that well solve my problem?

okay thanks. I just tried the refine mh721 again on my older laptop with the sbe that I have been using for years. It started to cut and now froze. Would that be the connection or is there something else I can try?

Do you have the cutter grounded to the stand? It must be. If you have a stand. This is the time of year for static. Spray some Static Guard in the air. Wipe your cutter with dryer sheets. Wipe your vinyl with dryer sheets Make sure you are running a humidifier. The value cutters are prone to static issues. Too big of a file can overload the memory, The Refines have very limited memory, Turn the cutter off and back on before cutting another design, to dump the data from the last order Contact UScutter tech support...If you have had the cutter for a few years and have the business, might want to consider upgrading to a better cutter..   A cutter with a servo motor is highly recommended for accuracy and tracking.

Enter your problems here Look under trouble shooting.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/

Vinyl cutter freezes.
Static can affect the movement of a cutter as it is cutting vinyl. To combat this we have made a couple of grounding guides for you.

Great thank you. I will do the dryer sheets and spray static guard in the air. Yes I do have the them grounded to the stands. I am going read up on the link. Thanks

The sb.exe link tries to go to SignBlazer website to update. Since SB no longer exists, you get that error. Change the sb.exe to sbnt.exe and it should work.

I just sprayed some static guard In the air and wiped down the cutter and vinyl with a bounce sheet and still not working. If I do a test cut on either cutter it works for that, but when I plug either one into my laptop and try to cut it just sits in the sending output to cutter window or if I am lucky starts to cut but than freezes. I am just so frustrated. They were working just fine the other day. I will order the keyspan adapter and pray that is my problem. Although I have switched out different cords and each cutter has a different one.

I bought the keyspan adapter off ebay, and finally got it. I am not sure how it is suppose to plug into the cutter? There is plastic that is above the plug in part and on the cutter so I can't plug it in?