ShowMeCleaning

Sure Cuts a Lot pr0 4

I see on Crafts Edge they have a new version of Sure Cuts A lot pro 4. I downloaded loaded trail and seems to have lots of new tools. Haven't messed with it much. I was wondering if anyone else has tried it? Text on Arch is a new one. Free hand draw tool and eraser. And  other tools.

• Like 1

So glad to see a comment on v.4. I just saw last night there was an update and was wondering. It also says you can design in v4 and send to v 2 to cut with your cricut , if anyone still uses one . Cool. I still have the E that I use for scrapbooking. Wonder if it recognizes glyphs,etc to use. I bought Samantha font and can't use them without tracing it. :( Such a hassle.

post-37957-0-87823500-1416429594_thumb.pOk. I downloaded the trial version. Just a quick walkthrough it looks very nice, crisp and clean. I tried the one thing that aggrevates me with SCAL3P. Here's the result. They still don't have the typing on path figured out, as you can tell on the top text. The bottom text is using the arch selection. Notice how everything is smooth, no overlapping characters. The only thing is if you have a wavy path you want to type on, it'll be like the top text, unless I haven't went deep enough. I'll update if I find something new with it.

• Like 2

I cant activate mines from scalp3. someone on here posted how to do it but I cant find it.

I just purchased the SCAL 4 Pro update, now waiting on my email confirmation and license to upgrade!

I like the look of the new interface.

They never got 3 to work right and now they want money to "upgrade" to 4??? :huh::wacko::blink::bear:

• Like 5

And when I down loaded the demo,4  the mat size was only 72" x 72" Custom  as the largest size..  Isn't that going backwards??   Somewhere I thought they upgraded Scalp 3 to 200"  mat size.   That was one thing that turned me off when I got the sample to try, a year or so ago.  Plus the fact my FC model was not on it..  And I didn't see it there this time either.   Just a couple CE models.

They never got 3 to work right and now they want money to "upgrade" to 4??? :huh::wacko::blink::bear:

so you have to pay to upgrade to 4

so you have to pay to upgrade to 4

There's 2 ways to get SCAL4P......... outright purchase for $199, or upgrade for $99. I haven't, however, figured out how to upgrade. Everytime I try to activate it only gives me the option to pay $199.

I downloaded SCAL4P and went through the registration process. When it asks what platform, choose windows or Mac upgrade from 3. Where it asks for your serial number, enter the number from 3 (under Help, then About.. I think)

When I ordered the update on 11/19 it was $99.00. Today I was pleasantly suprised to see that CraftEdge sent me a partial refund of $49.01. I checked the website and it is now listing the update from SCALP 3 at $49.00.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifSCAL4P text.pngOk. I downloaded the trial version. Just a quick walkthrough it looks very nice, crisp and clean. I tried the one thing that aggrevates me with SCAL3P. Here's the result. They still don't have the typing on path figured out, as you can tell on the top text. The bottom text is using the arch selection. Notice how everything is smooth, no overlapping characters. The only thing is if you have a wavy path you want to type on, it'll be like the top text, unless I haven't went deep enough. I'll update if I find something new with it.

I had to learn how to do the paths.  However, being able to do the arch has to be easier.

I just upgraded my SCALP 3 to SCALP 4 for free and what a difference .I just got my new cutter titan 2 and the Scalp 3 about a month ago so i wrote them and told them i was not  aware of the new version coming out and wasnt happy how SCALP 3 was so laggy sometimes and the next thing you know i get an email with my new serial for SCALP 4 Pro fully activated.. I was excited and the new features are amazing ,even the ARCH text feature is 100% better and so much easier to use and many many added features that just rock.....But beyond that, i, having a issue now even before i did the upgrade. So im hoping some one can help,I can no longer import my svg into my Scalps when its created in Ai.This started happening after my scalp 3 was upgraded last week before i knew of the SCALP 4. ive tried reinstalling the plugins etc but i cant send to scalp thru script or import svgs now..So im hoping a smart brainer has a clue for me .. But the SCALP 4 is just awesome...SSOOOOOOO much EASIER AND BETTER TO WORK IN AND AROUND INSIDE THE PROGRAM..

If anyone wants a good deal on a purchase of SCALP, go to the US Cutter site, to the Specials, Outlet and on the second page they have refurbished machines.  you can get the 14" MH cutter with SCALP for $170.  It doesn't say what version but it should be easy to argue that it should be the current version.  I got my SCALP3 this way for $140 and have a backup cutter.  Worst case is you are paying another $50 to upgrade so you get the cutter for $20.