Sign in to follow this  
JonnnScott

Max length

I have the 34" SC and a friend wants me to cut a simple business logo out for him. I told him 22" tall would be best and that would put the length at 74.6" long. It will be a wall decal out of oracal 631. Has anyone cut anything this large before successfully? The max I have cut was 34" long

You may want to use a cutting program that lets you step-by-step cut. SignCut does it and I think flexi can too. SCALP was supposed to get this going too but I don't think they ever did. 

In a nutshell, you decide how far at a time you let the cutter go and it will cut everything within that length before moving on. Works great on large simple stuff. Not too good on detailed work because for the same reason that your cutter can't go big in one shot it's not accurate enough to cut a part of a whole bunch of little pieces and be back in the right spot to take off and finish then on the next set. I used this feature in SignCut with a Creation P-Cut for several years and it did great in the right application. I went about 10-12 inches at a time. 

I have the 34" SC and a friend wants me to cut a simple business logo out for him. I told him 22" tall would be best and that would put the length at 74.6" long. It will be a wall decal out of oracal 631. Has anyone cut anything this large before successfully? The max I have cut was 34" long

You could try it with a pen first, on paper,  and see how much memory your cutter has, and how good the tracking is.

I have the SC 24" and have succesfully cut 10 feet with no issues!  I make sure I run the whole length I am gonna cut through the cutter to see how it tracks from one end to the other then back again.

• Like 1

You could try it with a pen first, on paper,  and see how much memory your cutter has, and how good the tracking is.

I dont have a 6 foot roll of paper laying around if that is what you are suggesting 

You can do it with vinyl, as well. Just remove the blade holder.

(just won't account for the blade drag's effect on tracking error)

I dont have a 6 foot roll of paper laying around if that is what you are suggesting 

You can turn the vinyl over and write on the back of it,  the backing,,,,,I have heard and seen others others do that on here 

• Like 1