Sign in to follow this  
threezzz

Anyone Paint Glass..?? (instead of etching)

Instead of doing the sandblasting etching, does anyone do paint instead??? Just wondering, have some people interested in glasses but would rather have them painted instead of the etching.... i know you can use rub and buff on etching, but they still dont want that... just curious 

thanks!

guess i was thinking more long the line of beer mugs/drinking glasses ect... kind of like a logo or something like that..

Yep, have painted glass with One Shot, Ronan paints, gilded it, airbrushed with HOK, AutoAir. Depends on what the final product will be used for, as to what type of paint to use.

I've done quite a bit of glass, it sometimes can be very stubborn. Air brushing with Auto Air works pretty well.

Others I've tried were Pebeo Vitrea and Gallery Glass, I actually liked the Gallery Glass for a stained glass look..

This is what I have, trust me nothing fancy, just drilled a hole in the back for lights, looks pretty cool at night. I found it impossible to tape something off on top of paint thats on glass, it will peel everytime. I tried various things, still no luck, so I went with Gallery Glass with black leading, it's cheap and a wide variety of colors.  I did various liquor bottles, patron, vodka and wines etc. I want to try the transperent vinyl some time,but it's so expensive, I imagine you could make some really cool patterns that would look good lit...

This was my first attempt I think, so the leading's a little sloppy, I just never went back in and fixed it. Leading takes practice, the later bottles I did were much, much better.

post-87600-0-31619100-1416754293_thumb.j

Dick Blick has Pebeo? glass paints, kinda porcelin enamel, that you bake on.

Blick by me as Vitrail in store, but their on-line site carries Vitrea160 which is the bake on. I didn't bake mine

that is what i am kind of looking to do but with differnt colors as requested... use the vinyl as an etch guide but not to sand blast but use some type of paint and spray it on...