Primal Decals

Who uses Ai And Scalp primarily With Creating svg Text for decals?

Sorry if i missed the info in another thread or post, but trying to find an exact answer isnt easy when there is so many questions being asked differently etc.I tried searching other posts for what i need help with and made comments in other posts and im not getting anywhere cause either someone doesn't use Ai Or Scalps together and i cant find

anyone who is using these 2 programs as 1....

For some reason i lost my way of creating a text with and without an arch (Half Moon ) in Ai and saving or exporting it correctly to scalp. The last few tries when i save it as a SVG and bring it into scalp, i have nodes overlapping each other which will cause cuts to over lap instead of being a merged text image,When i worked in Ai before and saved for a svg to bring into scalps i had no problems, but now i am... :'( , So im hoping a Ai and Scalps pro will please explain the retarded steps for me . I just seem to lost my mind for a second.

If someone would be able to create a video on this ,I would be willing to offer a 5.00 Donation to your paypal lol ..

ScalpPRO3 has text on path...why can't you just use it?    Scalp also imports/(exports with plugin) .ai files... So why are you changing the .ai file to an SVG (inkscape) file?  If you are wanting an inkscape file,  SVG.then why not just make it in inkscape?  Inkscape.org is FREE.    Sorry , I'm confused...   I learn tons from reading everybody else's posts.

Below is a video for text on Path Scalp.  It says Scalp 2 but should still work for 3

Inkscape text on path.

Mz Skeeter, have you ever used SCALP's text on path feature??

It. Sucks. 

Here's what I mean. Look at how each letter is above or below the path from one to the next.post-37957-0-05865900-1416276130_thumb.p

• Like 1

OK  so that sucks... So if he wants an inkscape SVG file,  then do it it in inkscape...and export it to SCALP. with the Inkscape export plug in..

There are also videos on youtube.com  for Illustrator text on path.  then export the .ai file to SCALP

I understand what you guys are saying, And ive tried scalps text on path lol. Like Eazy said it sucks. I know im still learning But i know im making a simple mistake somewhere when it comes to saving the text as a svg for scalp Or doing the script option, the Nodes in the letters are overlapping and will cause a multi cut over each other, I just  need to know what im doing wrong when i save etc So my letters are all merged etc when brought into SCALP..

I use AI and for a little while was cutting with SCALP. No longer. Anyway, importing to SCALP was a bit problematic if I remember correctly. It seemed to mess up the colors so I got to the point where I separated the color layers out into separate files. Seems like it accepted CS5 version ok but it may have had to be older. SCALP used to have a tech line that would answer some of those questions but you have to go to the Craft Edge website. 

You may be causing some of the issues in AI. I noticed you said it had multiple cuts. With AI that is usually a sign that you have used the merge tool. If you merge then most of the time AI creates a separate object inside each of the open holes. The object won't have any fill or stroke so it doesn't look like it's there. I use "Unite" whenever possible as it does not do this. If you have the unfilled objects you can usually see them in the layers panel. They will show as white there. You can select one by clicking on the little button in the layers panel and then use the "select all with the same fill" option as long as thats the only unfilled objects in your design and it will select the whole shebang and you can delete them. 

In SCALP you should also see a line in the cut by color group that represents the unfilled objects and de-select it and it may work that way too. I get them gone so I don't forget them. 

I use Ai CS6 Easy.         And Goose that might be what im doing wrong is using the merge but i thought i was using it before with no problems, but maybe cause i go from scalp and back to Ai all the time i might be confusing them up.But i would rather keep using Ai for all my work cause it is easier than scalp alone..Is there a chance i could have also changed a setting in Ai to help screw things up? Also when i create a new document in ai ,the screen asks me if its For Print,Web,Basic, or RGB, What should it be ? And the next thing it asks is color mode CMYK Or RGB? Then Raster effects for ppi, 72,150 or 300?  . . Do i need to worry about the ppi at all or doest it matter on the PPI ....I know That im burying myself in a hole here with my problems to everyone, but not knowing what or where to go for accurate help gets me overwhelmed since i was doing perfect until the other day and its eating at me bad inside .

I will recheck on the union goose and cross my fingers, i just need to get back to where i was doing ok with this without having to bug others cause we all have lives instead of dealing with people like me  on here,,,You have no idea how much any help means to me .Thank you EVERYONE.. I will let you know what happens good or bad ..Dwayne

Oh Goose, i forgot ,, when i create my text , its a filled color for example pink for a girl,, For example -for a front windshield--> ROCK WARRIOR ,will be solid using the font callie hand,I can change view to outline and thats when i see the nodes overlapping and the cuts will cut over each other .....And i dont see anything that says unite, just group and join, i do have Ai in the ESSENTIALS selection if that matters.

I use Ai CS6 Easy.         And Goose that might be what im doing wrong is using the merge but i thought i was using it before with no problems, but maybe cause i go from scalp and back to Ai all the time i might be confusing them up.But i would rather keep using Ai for all my work cause it is easier than scalp alone..Is there a chance i could have also changed a setting in Ai to help screw things up? Also when i create a new document in ai ,the screen asks me if its For Print,Web,Basic, or RGB, What should it be ? And the next thing it asks is color mode CMYK Or RGB? Then Raster effects for ppi, 72,150 or 300?  . . Do i need to worry about the ppi at all or doest it matter on the PPI ....I know That im burying myself in a hole here with my problems to everyone, but not knowing what or where to go for accurate help gets me overwhelmed since i was doing perfect until the other day and its eating at me bad inside .

I will recheck on the union goose and cross my fingers, i just need to get back to where i was doing ok with this without having to bug others cause we all have lives instead of dealing with people like me  on here,,,You have no idea how much any help means to me .Thank you EVERYONE.. I will let you know what happens good or bad ..Dwayne

Oh Goose, i forgot ,, when i create my text , its a filled color for example pink for a girl,, For example -for a front windshield--> ROCK WARRIOR ,will be solid using the font callie hand,I can change view to outline and thats when i see the nodes overlapping and the cuts will cut over each other .....And i dont see anything that says unite, just group and join, i do have Ai in the ESSENTIALS selection if that matters.

Sounds like you might need to change up your work space a little. You can create your own custom one once you get everything the way you like it. You can open any of the pallets up by going into the Window pull down menu and open them up. Pathfinder is the one that has the welding and excluding options. Most of the rest of the questions that AI is asking don't make much difference for designing to cut with. I would use basic and the raster is largely irrelevant unless you plan to print some of these off. I use CMYK just because it's more accurate to what your printer can actually do. RGB is for web graphics and can fool you if you are trying to print something. (Although oddly enough some printing shops want RGB colors)

If you file is small enough to load post one up that you are having trouble with and I'll check it out. If you'd rather not post it PM it to me. 

Ok, I got it going so far..Knock on Wood ,,,Is there a way to reset Ai To Complete Default ? just in case there is a mess up somewhere?